Women's AFL

Why not just have the W where the A is and the backing colour be pink?

Also probably because it’d be super sexist and WFL isn’t the name of the league but there might be other reasons.

Because it’s not called the WFL and branding something pink because it’s the women’s league is more than a little on the nose?

Logo’s okay, although ironically the main problem with it to me is that most sporting league logos aren’t very good, so the fact it’s minimal and modern means it doesn’t really read as a sports logo.

Edit: what Riolio said.

Logo's okay, although ironically the main problem with it to me is that most sporting league logos aren't very good, so the fact it's minimal and modern means it doesn't really read as a sports logo.

Pretty much. Almost all sports league logos are contained within enclosures. Most teams too. When Freo re-did their logo recently it was first launched as just text and the icon but now has a shield around it too.

This logo would make a great apparel/accessories logo but it lacks the strength to be a really strong logo for a league. That said, good on them for doing something different/considerate. Way more effort went into this than I imagined they would.

What the fudge is this?

It looks like somebody lying on their back with their legs in the air with two ■■■■■■ either side

Wholesome family entertainment

Kinda reminds me of forklift tines (sp?)

It looks like breadsticks or a half eaten pretzel.

We really dropped the ball as a club not getting in on the ground floor on this.

Reckon we might have had some other priorities.

My personal conspiracy theory is that we withdrew our initial expression of interest after being told by the AFL that there was no way in hell we’d be awarded one of the franchises.

We didn’t take part because right now we have to focus on rebuilding our core business.

We really dropped the ball as a club not getting in on the ground floor on this.

Reckon we might have had some other priorities.

My personal conspiracy theory is that we withdrew our initial expression of interest after being told by the AFL that there was no way in hell we’d be awarded one of the franchises.

We didn’t take part because right now we have to focus on rebuilding our core business.

“I’m currently going through a divorce where I’m likely to lose the kids, my house and half my money but right now feels like a good time to invest in a new business venture”
is basically our current situation

Just noticed on the AFLgram that the design is meant to be an amalgamation of a set of goal posts and a W.
Makes more sense, though good luck reverse engineering that if you aren’t told

What is it actually supposed to be?

A set of goal posts and the goal square, as seen from behind.

It’s clever, once you see it/have it explained.

Thought it was a dish rack…

Who can put their life on hold to move interstate for a couple of months for $5000? You'd probably have to leave your job. Would it be worth moving your life for?

I lived in a hostel for 5 months and lived off savings so I could train under someone
Most semi-pro tennis players and golfers live in hostels out of backpacks
If you want to do something enough you’ll find a way to do it

You were training under someone?

Haha just saw this
We did have a lot of Irish and Danish girls come through the hostel for work/uni
Though different type of training there

I keep thinking it’s from underneath. The chopped off left point post adds to this.

I keep thinking it’s from underneath. The chopped off left point post adds to this.

Great now I can only see it this way…

IT’S A SET OF GOAL POSTS AS SEEN THROUGH A GLASS CEILING

I flipped the image L-R and I can see it your way.

Maybe someone ‘up skirted’ the goal square.

How did they explain the colour then, Rolo?

What the fudge is this?

Looks like a toast rack.

How did they explain the colour then, Rolo?

Haven’t seen them rationalise that one. It’s a neat colour, for a sports league, though.