Women's AFL Team for EFC - 2021 entry at best

While I am keen for a women’s team, I do hope there was a sizeable turd in each of those boxes.

1 Like

I thought Hirdy himself played soccer mainly until he was 15 in Canberra until switching to focus on footy. All is not lost yet with the young Hird boys.

Hence lucky to be drafted late before blooming into a superstar of the game.

In case you were wondering, this is what was inside the box. A very creative presentation by Ben and the team.

1 Like

VNorth struggled to pulla crowd of about 7 to honour their club legend and games record holder Boomer Harvey last night.

They can ■■■■■ and moan all they want about not getting prime time games, but whenever they don’t pull a crowd.

They always ■■■■■ about how they should get more Friday night games because they invented then when the have one they pull a pathetic crowd like last night.

Brad Scott and their CEO can ■■■■■ and moan about all the work they’ve in women’s footy, they can boast about how 39% of women and girls in footy acacmadies are in theirs, but in the end if they had a team in the AFLW they will always struggle to pull a crowd there as well.

I mean I don’t know any Essendon or Richmond supporters who are going to suddenly start supporting an North AFLW team just because their teams haven’t be admitted to the competition yet.

Herald Sun article on our presentation tomorrow states we will field a VFL women’s team next year regardless of if we are successful in getting an AFLW license for 2019

As we should do.

Apparently will be making final pitch tomorrow to AFL for license. VFLW team and partnership with Calder Cannons Women’s.

3 Likes

Announcement today at 11.30… reckon we miss out this time

Yeah, I think the posturing from the media and AFL has suggested this is likely to be the case.

I really hope we get it though! Enjoyed the AFLW quiet a bit and the Matilda’s have been brilliant to watch.

The leaks by the witch, suggest we have missed out.

We kinda deserve to miss out by only jumping in later than most clubs

Should have tokenistically bid last time while doing all the work were currently doing

My understanding was that we wanted to bid but the Saga got in the way.

Yeah but my point is more how public corporate image stuff works. Other clubs look like they want it more by bidding last time. AFL is not going to hand it to us.

Agreed, sadly.

1 Like

The AFL forgot to mention that they would give priority in the second round to those who bid in the first.

It doesn’t need to be mentioned it’s how this stuff has always worked.

1 Like

as if richmond won’t get it.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/afl/tasmania-wins-afl-womens-team/news-story/1e8a003debdb327405a8b0f5940ea57d

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Actually a good call. A step towards moving North permanently somewhere else

1 Like