Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

I Think he should be sacked now anyway. He’s not going to take us to our next premiership in the next 10 years

What is it in anything he has achieved in the last few years that has provided you this opinion?

Rutten to coach?

Yes.

ANNOUNCE TRUCK

1 Like

Vrachtwagen-cutout-500x500-min

6 Likes

The chatter will not stop… cause you media lemmings keep chatting about it

4 Likes

If we keep Worsfold or hire Lyon, I am done supporting this club.

If we get Rutten, Caracella, Mitchell or Solomon you can have all the money EFC.

3 Likes

Is Solly that highly regarded? He’s been at the Suns a fair while, would’ve thought he might’ve moved clubs to broaden his experience.

Not advocating Sam Mitchell (at all - I despise him), but in late 1980, what would have been the general Essendon supporter’s opinion of Kevin Sheedy?
I was only 15 at the time, but I don’t remember being overly fond of him.

5 Likes

In this instance (as with Manure and his Daniher/Swnas fairytale), it is purely the chatter of a single individual’s delusional mind. Much as I’d like to it to be true, I’ve not heard a single other individual mention a Worsfold/Fremantle scenario.

Jesus farking Christ… the parroting of the coach’s inane platitudes by players is starting to really sh it me…

I tell you what I learnt - that it was NOT a great experience in any way, shape or form, that we are utterly sh it, our skills are sh it, our gameplan is soft and sh it.

26 Likes

Yeah WTF. That’s rubbish hurls

3 Likes

Didn’t we learn from getting pumped by the swans two years ago in final ?

7 Likes

I look at our many cases of rabid pressure games (particularly in the second half of 2018) and then contrasting disinterested games. They’re hard to reconcile, regardless of you believe should have the credit/blame, and point to something multi-factorial.

Personally Worsfold bores me to death, but I have little direct evidence* who (coaches, fitness staff, players) to credit/blame. I’m pretty sure many understand that internally, though, and will act accordingly.

*not none :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Surely they’ll be saving any sackings until Monday.

Ridiculous that anything will be decided today.

Well, Simon Madden - and I presume the Board - believe Woosha is the right man:

Essendon legend and board member Simon Madden says John Worsfold is the “right” coach to lead the Bombers and that the club’s poor form should not be blamed on one person.

The embattled senior coach has come under fire this year over his team’s performance, including after their 55-point elimination finals loss to West Coast on Thursday night.

But Madden insists Worsfold led a successful team in 2019, in which the Bombers won 12 games and finished eighth.

“We didn’t have the best and fairest of last year; we didn’t have our leading goalkicker; one game we had 10 changes; three games we had six changes; we haven’t played our best footy and we still made the finals,” Madden told RSN on Thursday night.

"Everybody has an opinion. To me what our footy club needs is a coach who’s been there for a while, who’s very stable, who’s very cool, calm and collected, and knows how to bring players together. And I think we have the right coach for that.”

Worsfold has been in charge of the Bombers since 2016 and while he has guided the side to two elimination finals, they have lost both by a combined 120 points.

Essendon’s key forward Orazio Fantasia also defended Worsfold following Thursday night’s game, saying while the club was disappointed with the loss, injuries to key players for long periods throughout the season had made it tough for them to be consistent.

He said those injuries, coupled with new coaches joining the club this year and influencing the game plan, added to that inconsistency.

“I don’t think the pressure is very fair, no,” Fantasia said.

“It’s the first year of a new game plan, getting new coaches, Ben Rutten and things like that, implementing a new style, it’s exciting. I am proud of this group. We’ve gone through a little bit, injuries and things like that, losing key players.”

While Worsfold has been under pressure this season, the senior coach is contracted for next season and said his conversations with chief executive Xavier Campbell are all about next year.

Madden said AFL was a “complex” game and losses could not be attributed to one person.

“The game is that complex and it’s not about on person,” he said.

“I’ve said before: observe much and change little. If you observe much, you change the right thing - not just anything.”

1 Like

I cannot even begin to describe how angry this makes me from raz

15 Likes

And people on social media and here only stoke his agenda and his moraless little ego by repeating it ad nauseam, without checking facts.

Seriously they do their work for them.

Wake up.

In fairness to Raz, he said that pre the final last night. Context please.

7 Likes

Apparently Woosha is looking forward to us learning to become an “Awesome” football team.

So yeah.

1 Like