Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

Big test over the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I give him credit for trying something different and coaching from the bench.

I still think we are really relying on individual brilliance rather than a strong system and structure to win games.

I genuinely fear what Richmond will do to us next Saturday though if we don’t maintain any sort of structure

1 Like

How long was woosha coaching from the bench?

If he was one of ours we would have signed him up for next year to get him to 300 games

I suspect he has realised he can make more coin being the great assistant with minimal stress (and long term employment) rather than taking on the head job and having a stressful and shorter term career. Though I could be wrong…

What about Vossie? Took Brisbane too early, but admits that, gone back to assistant and learnt the craft.

We won but stunk. Why?
-No running back when Freo went forward same against Cats.

• Kicking sideways into our F50 when bursting out of the middle.
  • Freo waltzing out of defence with ease!
  • My biggest annoyance is when opposition teams kick in. ONCE AGAIN we have 3 or 4 players guarding grass in a semi circle around 15-20 m out. They kick it long to 60m and have the extra players at the fall and get an easy clearance. WHY? WHY? This happens every game and could be fixed so easy.
  • Easy - almost uncontested marks by defenders in our 50m - It happened against Gee and Sydney as well. Doesn’t help with JoDan flying 3 times for unrealistic marks and giving frees away. Was he told to STOP???
    The points above are why Woosha is not a good coach.
1 Like

I think the entire game, Hoffy.

1 Like

Interesting development.

Yes it is, I like it.

2 Likes

Yeah good point, I actually wouldn’t mind Voss. I’ve seen and heard him speak coaching stuff since he left Brisbane and liked what I heard.

I know even though we won yesterday that will now silence a few people here, but even without the 3 gifted goals to Freo from the umpires let’s be honest it wasn’t one of our greatest wins and performances. I’ll take the win any day an ugly win is a good win i guess.

That said, my opinion on the coach hasn’t changed and only a rush of wins and playing deep in September is good enough for me.

I’m going to put this out there, and as much as it wont happen without him serving an apprenticeship in my opinion, Luke Hodge has what it takes to make a fantastic coach.

I wouldn’t over analyse last nights game. All copies of it should be fired into the sun.

6 Likes

Woosha is gonna lead us to the flag and this thread is going straight into the cannon.

1 Like

I cannot imagine that Woosha could lead us to a flag with his tactical shortcomings.

However, Saturday nights win was a highly creditable win against a side that is good at stopping the opposition. We had a few things stacked against us. We won anyway. Full credit to everyone, and here is hoping it is the start of a winning run.

3 Likes

good luck with it

3 Likes

Is Mark Harvey in the coaches box on game days ? I can’t remember seeing Woosha & Harvey in the same frame anywhere.

1 Like

Harvey was the only bloke I’ve ever seen flatten him.

This thread is a bit quieter

I’m thinking his farewell may have a touch of the Dame Nellie Melba and John Farnham.

4 Likes

As much as they ■■■■■■ up the Sydney game, it should never have gotten to that stage. It was just one shocking decision (albeit at the end of the match)

The Collingwood game was blatant cheating and that I blame the umpires more than us.

Because nothing changed. We were horrible, but partly due to Freo and their discipline. Our skills were poor and the game plan in the first half was poor. Eventually we wore them down and kicked away which was very good.

If it was for that ■■■■ Nicholls we would have won by 40 odd points.

If we play the same this week (and we will) we will get smashed by 80 points (and we will)

And whoever is stopping the players from getting goalkicking coaches (whether it is a $ figure or fitness issues) they should be executed. Our kicking for goal is the worst in the league.

2 Likes