Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

You are setting yourself up for more disappointment.

Despite it seeming to be a certainty on Blitz there is no guarantee that Worsfold gets sacked if we miss finals.

He will see out this season, no question about that. But there is no way he makes it to the bye round next season. Just got to put up with it for another 20 matches or so.

They’ll never sack him. Club’s too proud for that. He might “retire” at the season’s end though.

2 Likes

It’s pretty hard to get your head around.

We have no forwards fit, all our defenders are, we have the best switch-hitter in the game…

It’s like he got moved back last year, and now we just pretend that 2017 never happened.

1 Like

This club has sacked Sheedy and Hird.

I doubt Worsfold is a bridge too far.

7 Likes

Because of Sheedy and Hird and Knights is why Worsfold won’t get the sack.

Why?

As Bully said, go through an authentic selection process to get the best coach.

We haven’t done that since Knights - yes, that didn’t work out but the chances are higher for success than picking to someone to coach you based on past reputation or relationship.

For every Knights there’s a Clarkson or a Simpson or a Hardwick.

1 Like

I feel like in the last 2-3 years we’ve become a bit less inclined to admit we’re wrong

I keep holding out hope that Collingwood were I think 3-5 in 2009 (when Malthouse did the handover contract) and look how that turned out.

But I reckon we are just where Richmond were with Terry Wallace

Not convinced we did it then either. Peter Jackson wanted MK from the get-go (already employed by EFC, cheapest option). Don’t think we’ve done it since Sheedy - everything since has been a boat-race…

3 Likes

I get what you mean.

I dunno, I reckon sacking coaches is one of the few things we’ve done consistently during ‘The 15 Mediocre Years.’

Sacking him last year after they just signed him might have been too much for them, but if / when we miss finals again and he only has one year left to pay out?

They’ll make that call, imo.

1 Like

I really hope we don’t make it!! Best way to get rid of Worstfault

That Sydney side was the best #18 ranked team this century and maybe even the last century as well. They’re no pushovers.

So you’re saying we don’t have a good midfield but with Merrett in it we do.
Who is in our midfield.

I don’t understand why you’d hope for that.

I hope we improve under Woosha and play / win finals this year. I don’t see it happening, but it’s easily my first preference of things to happen.

4 Likes

I just want him gone. If that means we need to miss finals to ensure it happens then I’m okay with that.

5 Likes

Actually that’s not quite, he does make changes but usually waits until its too late for anything effectual to happen as a result of the changes. Its a good recipe for failure. The head coach has not got a creative bone in his body.

We, as a club are treading water and will continue to until the club as a whole wises up.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I agree with that, but I reckon it’ll be presented as a spend-more-time-with-the-family-mutual-parting-of-ways than an ousting.

1 Like

Or maybe the club is being made to tread water, and possibly has already wised up but is helpless to do anything about it.
I still think we’re going to be made to pay for the saga for a few years yet.

1 Like