Working visas and the law

So I have no idea where to put this thread and I do apologise if this manages to insight rage in anybody but I seek advice and ive tried some research with very little success.

Say I intend on travelling to Canada next year and I still have a substantial amount of unpaid parking fines (let’s put the figure at around $3000) and im certain their are warrants issued. Will this affect my ability to apply for a working visa?

Don't think so, but it will affect your ability to leave the country. It will appear somewhere.

So I have no idea where to put this thread and I do apologise if this manages to insight rage in anybody but I seek advice and ive tried some research with very little success.
Say I intend on travelling to Canada next year and I still have a substantial amount of unpaid parking fines (let's put the figure at around $3000) and im certain their are warrants issued. Will this affect my ability to apply for a working visa?

Fines there or here?

Fines are here

Simple, just pay them

Say I intend on travelling to Canada next year and I still have a substantial amount of unpaid parking fines (let's put the figure at around $3000) and im certain their are warrants issued. Will this affect my ability to apply for a working visa?

Go into your local police station and ask them, they will know the answer.

Not sure if it is police jurisdiction as it seems it is just debt. Secondly, you should approach the correct agency with a solution in mind, your best outcome for a mutual problem. Do that/no problems.

Otherwise, at some point, if the sheriff's office decides to redeem the debt they can notify immigration. [I am surprised this hasn't happened axiomatically in neoliberal Australia by now]. This effectually would organise a repayment plan with you given the duress but you could be detained/movements impeded. It is highly unlikely but the powers are there. If you were American on the other hand, it would be immediate and you would be required to pay all in full.

All agencies are now linked [read: they have the capacity 'to link' but must choose to do so]  but it is simply an issue of resources with the sheriff's office. If they have larger debts more easily redeemed then they head the list. If you are of no fixed address or largely itinerant and small then, it is true to say in the past that those debts can sit there for many years. [I have heard the sheriff's office is sensitive to potential if partial outsourcing and do not wish to have their operations politicised]. 

But they will not go away and they do have powers to make problems for you if travelling aaaand given you are obviously thinking about it .......be proactive, make a plan with them; they will accede to generous terms as they do not care about the $$ or the time just an agreement as it takes you off their 'active' books. Whatever you do stick to the deal you strike!!

Another amnesty would be good in your case but for good reasons they do not forward announce those!

I note after all that you seem to be only concerned with your ability "to apply for a working visa". 

Now i lament my reply above. Suggest, maturity and perspective also needs addressing, and agree with bacchus who said: just pay them!

We had the Sherrif come to Town last week. With the Police they set up a road block and stopped all cars. Some were confiscated and the drivers arrested for non payment of fines. They also did a search on most streets and shopping Centres and towed away more cars.

Not neoliberal Dapto, but fascist, and very effective.

I don't believe it will. But it will depend on how far into it you are.

If months/years, then Dapto's information is noteworthy as far as leaving Aus.

As far as the Canadians letting you in:

Apply for the Working Holiday Visa Program through the Consulate. (if you're young enough)

The Canadian Consulate get a Police check, but that's to see if there are warrants for your arrest and if you've been a kiddie fiddler etc.

Owing people money would be a different thing, and beyond the reach of what they will pay to investigate.

Debt owed to the government is different from crime committed, and they only look at crime.

When you get to the border, don't mention the debt. 

A warrant in Australia can pertain to arrest, but also payment of debt.

A warrant in North America is only seen as being wanted by the cops for a crime. 

If they ask are you wanted by the authorities for anything in Australia? Tell them No! and act like why are you even asking me that question.

Always give them minimal information. If they comment on your answers being short say "sorry, long flight mate". 

Yes, No. No further information.

Where are you going? Whistler?

Ive got a couple of outstanding traffic fines…nowhere near 3k but they are in the shriffs hands…yes I know I have to pull my finger out and pay them…however I left Aus on Sunday morning and right now am waiting in manila airport for the last flight to bohol before typhoon ruby hits. I dunno if that helps or not.