World's first diesel motorcycle

I suppose it had to happen eventually. Neander has also come up with a diesel outboard and ATV as well. The common factor is the twin counter rotating crankshafts.

http://www.neander-motorcycle.com/shortversion-neu/main_en.html

<div>E-mail address </div>
Home > Engine > Applications > Motorcycle
anwendung-kraftrad-820x190.jpg
In the motorcycle, the advantages of the NEANDER engine<br>
really come to the fore

What has become the most popular form of power for cars in many regions of the world is now finally possible for motorcycles:
the high performance diesel engine.

Whether for use in motor scooters in cities or for touring motorcycles on vacation: the diesel engine, with its unparalleled acceleration characteristics and low fuel consumption is ideally suited for all types of motorcycle.

As an example of this product, we present the NEANDER: the world's first turbo-diesel motorcycle.

img_2417-4087e6e0.jpg   img_9532-44fda412.jpg   img_2884-7179809e.jpg

I wonder if like most diesels it sounds like a tractor.

Probably sounds pretty good I reckon. The outboard really piqued my interest, it's a 55hp and revs at 4500rpm, that's pretty high revving for a diesel.

I think I remember the Orange County Choppers guys doing a diesel bike,

You're correct, not sure how Neander can make the claim of worlds first, I just found quite a few diesel bikes on googles but it's still pretty cool. The twin crankshafts certainly hasn't been done before that's for sure.

It would probably be at its best on a road trip where it would be ticking along barely above idle.

Any idea what the weight of the bike is?.

Yeah it's listed at 295kg's. The displacement is 1340 so it's around the same weight as a harley with the torque of a John deere :D

Yeah it's listed at 295kg's. The displacement is 1340 so it's around the same weight as a harley with the torque of a John deere :D

How many torques does it make?

I would love to see someone use Fords 1L 3 cylinder turbo engine in a similar setup.

144ft/lb at 2600. The new 2014 softail fat boy puts out 97.4 @3000

That's a lot of torques! Potential to be a pretty handy cruiser. Probably handles like a bus though.

More torque at lower rpm, nice.
I bet with a tune it would come alive even more.

That's a lot of torques! Potential to be a pretty handy cruiser. Probably handles like a bus though.

Yeah handling wouldn't be it's strong point nor are looks but I'd expect with some more refinement they will get it right. One thing it would have in it's favour is fuel economy.

There have been diesel bikes before, aimed particularly at militaries where they might just have either diesel or aviation fuel supply lines. I'm guessing this is specifically the first turbo diesel.

Yeah, definitely diesel bikes before. Pretty damn rare though.

Screw the diesel motorobike. Have you seen that crazy self propelled attack robot?

295kg? That's 2 motorbikes!

What's the trailer capacity?

What's the trailer capacity?

18ft Jayco pop-top :D

You wouldn’t want to put that bike down. You never get out from under it, or you’d need two people to get it upright again.