World Cup 2022

I think they (Brazil and Argentina) meet in a semi if all goes to plan. I think one needs to finish second in their group if they are to meet in the final.

2 Likes

That will be a massive Semi Final then if that does eventuate.

Love the Germans consistency and system and surprised they are being generally disregarded by many to contend.

I’m sure Brazil would love an opportunity to reverse the diabolical 2014 Semi Final (7-1) against them at the business end.

I think the Germans have struggled against better teams. But I hope they right that ship because when it’s a World Cup, it’s my time to support my Deutsche heritage.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen Australia score a goal that wasn’t a penalty or some sort of accident.

Edit: You know, against teams better than Galapagos Island.

1 Like

It’s great for football in this country to be part of it but when the quality of Italy, Norway, Nigeria and Egypt are missing out on a spot in the World Cup for the likes of Australia it really is on the nose.

I know the comeback always is “well they didn’t qualify and Australia did” but when you compare Australia’s qualification path to what the others have to contend with? It’s not in the same ballpark.

1 Like

Cahill scored that banger against the Dutch in 2014.

Our other goal in that game was of course, a penalty

3 Likes

It was good, but I’m still going to put that in the ‘accident’ category.

1 Like

Well they are kinda fixing that, while simultaneously also making it worse.

48 teams at the next WC. Effectively double the representation from Asia & Africa.

NZ will auto qualify too.

2 Likes

Winner: Germany
Runner-Up: Brazil
Golden Boot: Ronaldo
Australia: 0-1-2 (Lose to France/Denmark, Draw to Tunisa)

It’ll feel like a pre-tournament, then when the first round of eliminations comes round the real action can begin.

3 Likes

Damn. Our secret weapon against France…

His absence will balance out France not having Benzema, Pogba & Kante… :flushed:

3 Likes

Winners - Argentina
Runners Up - Belgium
Golden Boot - L Martinez
Golden Ball - De Bruyne

Australia 0-0-3, here comes Arnie Ball!

Who would’ve thought all these star players would be out with a mid-season WC offering no recovery time from club matches.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Winner: Brazil
Runners up: Belgium
Golden boot: Messi
Australia. lose,win,draw. Arnold should be playing Tilio every chance he gets. He can dribble past players, good pass and shot on him too

I expect England to get knocked out in the qtrs. Our preparation and build up has been nothing short of terrible. Plus we will really struggle in the conditions

3 minutes in…….Qatar already down 1-0

Edit - VAR said nope, offside

Edit Edit - I have played the game my whole life and I am clueless as to that offside decision?!?!

Omg. Blatant cheating already. This is unbelievable. There was nothing even close to offside. They just cancelled the goal to placate Qatar authorities.
If anyone thought this WC wasn’t going to be a farce you can put that idea to sleep right now.

1 Like

Finally got real 1-0 Ecuador……I was waiting for the obvious penalty decision to be overturned!

1 Like

Qatar so out-classed atm

Hahahaha Martin with a classic there -

“Afief… steals the ball…”

3 Likes