World Cup Thread 2018

Predictions and general chat

Winner: Germany
Runner Up:france
3rd Place: Brazil
First big team ousted: Argentina
Golden Boot: Diego costa
Where will Australia Finish: group stage. 4 points, but miss out on goal difference
Dark horse: Poland

It’s sport.
So yay for that.
I look forward to pretending to care until Australia is knocked out.
No knowledge so no predictions.

1 Like

Winner - Brazil
Runner Up - Germany
3rd - France
Golden Boot - Antoinne Griezzman
Golden Ball - Neymar

Prediction - England to struggle to get out of their group and will get knocked out via penalties. England fans to burn effigies of players.

1 Like

Winner: France
Runner Up: Brazil
Dark Horse: Croatia
Suprise Group Stage Elimination: Russia
Suprise Group Stage Progression: Australia
Golden Boot: Firmino
Player of the Tourny: Griezmann

Winner: Brazil
Runner up: Germany
3rd place: Argentina

Russia won’t get through the first round. Australia won’t kick a goal all tournament and at best scrape a point against Peru.

Oh and SBS predict 2.5m to watch Australia v France, which would be amazing

2 Likes

I don’t really follow it until around this time every four years (yeah I’m that guy). But during that few weeks I’ll get up most nights to watch a match or two. And I do love watching the Aussies. Watching the Uruguay shootout at Fed Square is easily one of the most memorable moments of my life

3 Likes

This is nearly the same for me, except:

No knowledge, so Australia to win!

2 Likes

Spot on.
I do have questions around the surprise group stage calls you made.

1. England not progressing, is that a surprise or expected? Otherwise Russia, yes I agree.
  2. I would be a lot more than surprised if Australia get out of the group stage!!!

Russia have Uruguay, Saudis & Egypt.

Russia should (on seedings) get through, but they’re not that good it’s a certainty.

Uruguay should be short odds IMO, unless Salah goes absolutely berserk & Russia string it together

Uruguay and Egypt to get through

Winner: Spain (fingers crossed)
Runner Up: Brazil
3rd Place: France

I am in Spain for all of the elimination games so they better make it through the group stage!

No, I don’t know why they adopted the word “championships” instead of the usual “cup”.

They don’t have a cup for the winner?

Sorry must of worded that badly. Australia getting out is my prediction for a suprise

No I agree with both of your points. I rate it higher than a surprise. Shock & awe.
And I was having a dig at England. Because they are England.

So which team/s will be this Cups, “Cameroon”?

(For those that don’t recall, … Flash & Fun to watch,… creative as all get out, but will likely not make it out of Group Stage….)

I just think that 4 points is enough from our group. Denmark is the one to get. Draw Peru and for the love of god dont get utterly â– â– â– â– â– â–  by France

Egypt

1 Like

Doesn’t Robbo know how to start a thread in the right place?
Just for that, hope England get knocked out in the group stages

1 Like