World Cup Thread 2018

I agree with you, though I thought he was playing way too high this morning.

Interesting to see what robbo says

SNORBANS?

4 Likes

Nah not at all. Thought he was fantastic.he single handily won us the game vs Tunisia. Led the line really well.

In the qtrs and Semi he really didnā€™t get any kind of service from our wide players, yet still looked dangerous.

Thought he was awesome all tournament. He looked out on his feet against Croatia, he had to pretty much single handily carry the forwards

For years I have seen our main striker stink it up in tournaments, great to see a forward drag a team over the line against Tunisia, and step up to the occasion

1 Like

dolazi kući

1 Like

Well done to Croatia, a nation whose contribution to Australian football is second to none. So very happy for them.

Would be massive if they go all the way. France a completely proposition to England, much more quality, and have a hunger after their failure in the final on home soil in Euro 16.

England have probably never been better coached, who would have thought had it not been for the Sam Allardice controversy, that dinosaur was the one that was going to lead them to this WC. Talent wise though, past English teams had much more.

1 Like

14 Likes

2011 census reported 48,000 croatians in Australia, with another 110,000 reporting some croatian ancestry. So a long way from 4 mill.

3 Likes

England really were ordinary. Far out.

Seriously, have we forgotten all the Cros hooning at the tennis? There are heaps here, especially around the Western Suburbs. St Albans will be farked :smile:.

St what? Do you mean SNORBANS?

1 Like

Yup, that one!
http://www.ahdmelbourne.com.au

You might want to rethink this line, a true Pom hates the French 2nd only to the Germans

3 Likes

A lot of happy scots and irish today.

1 Like

2 Likes

It was like watching an Essendon finals game.

you knew what the result would be, you knew you would be upset after the game, you knew you shouldnā€™t get your hopes up.

But you still did.

Theyā€™re fine with the Germans as long as the war isnā€™t mentioned :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like a lot of English supporters got ahead of themselves, and i hear a lot of Collingwood supporters getting ahead of themselvesā€¦ i hope a similar fate awaits the pies in September

2 Likes

Likening English supporters to Collingwood is a bit rough.

Aside from the ā€œitā€™s coming homeā€ hype, I think most English supporters were just happy to see their team do wellā€¦in a sport that obviously means a lot to them.

3 Likes

exactly. First time since in ages our team has actually been really good in a WC. People canā€™t help but dream a little.

A lot of the hype was generated from the Press and pundits etc

4 Likes