World Cup Thread 2018

■■■■ england.

deserve all they get. find me a country with 3 of their best midfielders ever bottle world up after world cup.

Will English fans start burning effigies of the players when they return?

No, because they lost their last match.

Well played.
This was circulating at half time :

Englishman and Frenchman are chatting in a bar. Englishman says “we’re playing Croatia tonight” the Frenchman says “what a coincidence, we’re playing them Sunday”.

7 Likes

Prediction for Monday morning?
France 4-0

Hmmmmmm…

FTR I had Belgium and France making the semis, but also Germany and spain

Croatia have played extra time for all of their last three games and France have had an extra days break. I wonder if this will impact on Croatia? I hope not, would like to see them take it out.

We will win in normal time. 2-1.

IDI HRVATSKI!!!

3 Likes

Hope Croatia win, but can’t see it happening.

Historically speaking, aren’t the Croats a bit too keen on fascism for comfort? Or have I got this wrong?

1 Like

Maybe a while ago dude. Lot of history for us

There was a big stink about Ustasha members coming here after the war. From some accounts I’ve read, the SS were in awe of their brutality.

1 Like

Now England is out I think I’ll go with the ‘liberty, equality, fraternity’ mob. More my sort of thing.

Having said that, my hairdresser is a Croat & he’s a good bloke, if a little messed up.

Basing your team support over politics from the 30 & 40’s. Eeek.

4 Likes

Ivan Rakitic: “I would sacrifice the rest of my career for Croatia to win the World Cup”

3 Likes

Shows what it means. It would be massive for a nation such as Croatia to win it. What were they paying before the tournament?

I want pogba to win it with a 89th minute howler.

My worst fears have been realised after it was revealed that Qatar 2022 would indeed be the first-ever winter edition of the tournament.
The 2022 World Cup will kick off on November 21 with the final played on December 18 — just a week before Christmas

Will create havoc with leagues across Europe