World Cup Thread 2018

And that’s the issue with that penalty, it was clearly ball to hand not hand to ball.

1 Like

It’s what I thought on initial viewing. Croatia being done over here. No VAR on the tackle or the goal allows France to go 1 up, then the one they do review they probably get wrong and gift France a second goal.

1 Like

Where is the damn nike ad this year? That adidas one is pants

I still think it was a penalty, if not dreadfully unlucky. And VAR needs to be worked better, it shouldn’t take that long and if it does, then it should just be play on. VAR is to be used to miss the howlers (Lampard goal against Germany, hi @efc1robbo) not for crap like that

1 Like

And on the first goal, it was on target so why was it judged an own goal?

2 Likes

I thought it was a Pen too.

Didn’t at first, but the replay showed he moved his hand down to the ball.

2 Likes

Croatia not wearing the Red n Black strip is disappointing.

Croatia bossing it here. They deserve another equaliser.

Croatia pushing hard

Soccer needs to make their goals 10% larger, so scores are like 7-4 or something, and then the BS frees won’t matter so much.

Took a deflection past the keeper off a Croat defender, the keeper might have reached it otherwise to tip it over. Agree that it was a penalty. Croatia deserve to be in front on the balance of play.

Off to the gulags for those streakers.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter (anymore). No matter how big the deflection, if the initial shot was on target then it’s not considered an own goal

3 Likes

Never to be seen or heard from again …

Griezmann better appeal it before Kane does.

1 Like

Fark.

Long way back now.

POGBACK

Didn’t even know Pogba was out there as usual…

1 Like

French go bang!

That blows