World Cup Thread 2018

I’m with ants on this. Just because griezman sensed the contact coming and started to drop doesn’t stop it from being a foul.

And pogba isn’t offside look at his feet.

The disgraced former Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has claimed that his fellow executive committee (Exco) members ignored advice that Qatar was incapable of hosting a World Cup when they voted to award the competition to the Gulf state.

He alleges Qatar’s shock victory was a combination of a rule-breaking collusion deal and political pressure exerted on Michel Platini, the French Exco member.

The claims are made in Blatter’s recently published book Ma Vérité ( My Truth ), the 82-year-old’s defence of his 17-year reign as Fifa president, which ended with a six-year ban from football.

Blatter says “nobody” on the Fifa Exco, which was superseded by the Fifa council in 2016, read the detailed inspection report on the candidate countries, because they had all already made up their minds.

“If we had read them carefully, we would have seen that the World Cup could not be played in Qatar,” he writes.

He claims Platini called him to say he had been pressed to change his vote during a lunch in 2010 with Nicolas Sarkozy, then the French president, and Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, now the Emir of Qatar. This has always been denied by Platini.

Blatter says: “I do not know and I do not want to know if there is a connection between the Qatar World Cup award and what happened next.” He then notes that the Qataris spent billions of euros in France on an aircraft contract and on buying Paris Saint-Germain football club.

Lol, if we read the documents.

I think anyone could have told you Qatar isn’t really suitable to hold a world cup.

All the proof Frank Lowy needed that we were robbed.

Sorry, Frank, you just didn’t bribe them enough.

Shouldn’t of had to read documents to know that Qatar was an awful place to hold a World Cup

The fact that they are having to hold it during winter shows how bad of a decision it was

2 Likes