World Cup Thread 2018

Lucky bugger, I’ve got to head off to work. Went to bed after the Sweden game and then got up at half time of the Belgium game

1 Like

I’ll get 4 hours if I’m quick.

Those several beers should help the cause … and that last ditch win.

Decided to try Worcestershire sauce with the steamed Dimmys in tribute …

1 Like

That’s not something you hear every day.

3 Likes

One question, … is Southgate Westgates cousin?? … :smirk:

Ok, I’m out, . try the veal …:

1 Like

Have they used VAR to reverse a penalty decision?

Get out.

NOW.

2 Likes

Not yet, but its coming.

Why till you get the old VAR red card

DO YOU PUT THE KETTLE ON

Did you stay up and watch all 3 games last night?

Struggling to get into this World Cup - not because the football doesn’t look great (it does) but the times are just crap if you work full-time. Other than the first group game of the day (which is typically the weakest game), the Australia games, the odd other game on a weekend and of course the final, I doubt I’ll get to see much of it live at all.

We need another Asian WC - it was amazing watching the Japan/Korea WC in primetime. At least the 2026 WC will be better with the big games well into the morning.

I think Cato said it but more about Carthage…Carthago delenda est

1 Like

World cup times are never going to be for us, too much money from Europe and sourh america. Apart from all the brown paper bags, qatar was always going to beat us for 2022 because of the tine difference.

Cracking world cup so far but wary it’ll change once group stage is over and knockout begins

https://twitter.com/BrazilStat/status/1008355283209515013?s=19

9 Likes

lol

This is gold. Not great form by his wife!

15 Likes

All my world cup viewing is catching up with me today. Struggling.

It won’t stop me watching tonight though. Quick kip on the train home is needed.

4 Likes

Bit of Thymosin will cure what ails ya.

9 Likes

Read the label first to make sure it’s not decaf thermosin.

1 Like