World Cup Thread 2018

Not quite,… nodded in the recliner for 2 1/2 hrs and missed most of the 1st one.

Arranged to do the perfect Winter/ WC job for (and with) a mate who owns a bakery during these weeks, fitting out half of his mammoth shed into Mancave/ Gym/ Band room/Serious Home Brew area, … so, …

Weather independent, tick, …

Warm with the Coonara going, tick, …

Thanks to his schedule, … 12 - 1pm start, straight through till 6 or 7, and done. … tickety tick tick tick!!

And the bonus is the Stout he makes is almost the equal of a Guinness, (fk it’s good) which I’m right now about to probably have too many of… hick!

2 Likes

Can’t believe Kane didn’t even get at least 1 penalty. Man handled twice and Tunisian player wasn’t even looking at the ball.

2 Likes

Was stoked for Harry today.

Thursday night will be the first time I can remember hoping Eriksen has a quiet one.
The guy is a gun.

1 Like

Said at the time it was like a fkn Rugby tackle.

Mind boggling.

Shutting out Eriksen will be the key. He is the heartbeat of their side,

Really interested to see who starts up front. Juric, Cahill- i can only see him lasting 60min at most, or Nabbout.

Hope he starts Arzani and benches Kruse.

5 Likes

that was such a joke. How VAR didn’t overturn that i have no idea. The ref was pathetic. Some of the play acting he fell for was a joke. One Tunisian got a balled passed into his hip/side and went down like he had been shirtfronted.

1 Like

Columbia vs Japan is a deceivingly potentiallly good game.

6 Likes

So the Optus issue, apparently it is to do with the cloud technology that has been causing the problem (source? work).

Sounds like Lie in the Sky stuff to me, …

I’m not sure if the ratings are generated through the digital tv system.

But I left my tv on sbs all night, last night.

Hopefully the ratings on SBS skyrocket last night and tonight .

It isn’t official you twat, I told you that because I was told by people working on the issue and thought you lot might be interested. They have identified what is causing the problem and are trying to work on fixing it. I merely stated the general area where the issue lies not what the issue actually is.

This is why people don’t bother telling people stuff on this board, idiots like you who know nothing making statements to belittle what is told to you.

no it isn’t

Lol, You fkn self important Diva… I was just taking the bluddy urine. :roll_eyes:

Get over yourself twat.

Did your work give you a rough timeframe?
I’m hearing SBS might have to step up for a few more days yet

Hopefully they just let sbs step up for the rest of the tournament and be done with it. Surely optus stuffing up almost half the games should forfeit their claim.

And then it should never be done again, no one seems to run it as well/cares as much about the world cup as sbs.

3 Likes

Im opposite end of the scale. Cut the losses, give it to SBS and try again in 4 years

3 Likes

Just make Optus insolvent

Lol that was my point, poorly made.

edited now for better effect

They are not sure (the people I was talking to) on how long it will take to fix.

SBS couldn’t afford it, that is why they onsold it to Optus, no way they get it back now, they would have to give the money back and that isn’t going to happen. Optus will get it right as they did after the fiasco of the start of the EPL (I wish they had learnt from that and made sure this was right).

1 Like

It’s happened. Never thought it would.

But I agree with @barnz.

2 Likes