World Headed for next Major Extinction Event

Yeah, nothing like them anywhere else in the world. I know our country is full of strange beasts compared to the rest of the world, but the thylacine represented a pretty significant arm of the animal family that’s now gone.

There is an environmental benefit to reintroducing them too.

2 Likes

I will say this, my source on this was from a friend who works at the Hobart Museum, not this guy directly, and the message was along the lines of “he might actually have something this time”

2 Likes

Yep.

“Thylacine awareness group” / Andrew Orchard.
This is the thumbnail from their YT video of Dec 2020.

1 Like

It’s not that photo btw, this is from a Den apparently

Yeah im hearing that the Joey pic is the most compelling and most convincing one. The other photos if not compelling enough though will just get it thrown out.

Apprently march 1st is the date of when most people think it could be revealed but it could be sooner or later.

1 Like

I know.
It just speaks to his scientific standards, or otherwise.

Watching his vids, I think he clearly believes in it.

Ive watched this guys channel for years. I have not seen him so excited in his life.

This man is 100% convinced that this is the real deal this time

what a let down.
came into the thread expecting next level conspiracy theory about bill gates cloning robots who will spread a mass killing disease to wipe out 3/4 of the weak and vulnerable, and all i get is a bloody picture of some ferret that’s extinct … smh

2 Likes

FFS, it could be two kids in a furby suit for all we know.

Im staying hopefull that hobart confirms these photos. It will be the biggest news story of all time

1 Like

Bigger than the time Jim Stynes wore a hat?

1 Like

Ok fine the 2nd biggest news story

not even close

11 Likes

looks like a wallaby

Absolutely.

That doesn’t make his claims any more likely to be factual, though.

I have mates that have bush walked in the cradle mountain area for the last 40 years and they have never seen one.

I wouldnt mind the scientists having a crack at cloning the thylacine, there is one preserved in a bottle. could be a exhibit at Tasmania zoo or Taronga zoo in Sydney.

Being able to See previously extinct animals would bring bums on seats.

1 Like

This is how Jurassic Park starts. You wanna get eaten by a t-Rex?

1 Like

Yeah, full disclosure, I got told about the pic from my palaeontology professor who works at the National Museum in Sydney who told me about our mutual acquaintance in Hobart having the pics. It’s not total crack pottery just yet.

just set the dinosaurs up on rottnest island.

Other than being run over by a stolen garbage truck being driven by the Incredible Hulk, eaten by a T-Rex is at the top of “coolest deaths ever”.