Would you trade the number 1 pick? Jackets wouldn't

GWS (Craig Cameron) just ruled out interest in trading with Essendon up to pick 1 fwiw

Shame.

GWS (Craig Cameron) just ruled out interest in trading with Essendon up to pick 1 fwiw

McCluggage it is then!

Us having not done anything as yet this trade period isn't a drama IMO

We have replaced Hibbo via Dea/Kelly already and negotiating with Melb to put up something decent.

It’s clear we are after class mids only or quality kpf’s. Patton keeps getting talked about spoken to JRiewoldt and most likely missed out on JOM.

And we are carrying the whip hand with pick 1… the offers will come from GWS or GC for it. Neither of which have finalised their position.

GWS still has Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart, Hoskin-Elliot, Steele deals to sort out.

GC still has JOM, Prestia… and the incoming players like Hanley, AhChee etc to do as well.

Once they have there will be the serious attempts on pick 1 IMO. And also we will then know what we have at our disposal to go after other players.

Fair enough Speedy; however, if Essendon don’t doing anything this period and they don’t finish in the 8, should Dodoro keep his job?

Making the 8 next year will depend on a lot of things including injuries but the main thing will be how half the team come back after missing a year.
Not sure Dodoro takes responsibility for that!

What if Gold Coast slid this across the table with half an hour to go on the last day?

6 + 8 for 1 and 59.

Who would take that?

What if Gold Coast slid this across the table with half an hour to go on the last day?

6 + 8 for 1 and 59.

Who would take that?

Nope.

Why don’t we just forget completely about swapping pick 1?

You’re going to trick yourselves into rubbish.

people have a short memory, we were very close to having a good side in part due to dodoro, we all know what happened next. I am one of his critics also but its not his fault he has been dealt a ■■■■-hand over the last few years. His done well considering.

Looks like we’re taking the pick!

6 + 8 for 1 and 59.

Who would take that?

Me.

people have a short memory, we were very close to having a good side in part due to dodoro, we all know what happened next. I am one of his critics also but its not his fault he has been dealt a ■■■■-hand over the last few years. His done well considering.

Precisely. Jackets is in career best, give him as many bites as he can get.

He’s

Let Dodoro have his No.1 pick. He deserves the chance to be the person to call the first name out. The poor bugger has had to do the draft the hard way over the years and has done very well considering the handicaps.
This is his moment!
(Just pick the right one!)

Let Dodoro have his No.1 pick. He deserves the chance to be the person to call the first name out. The poor bugger has had to do the draft the hard way over the years and has done very well considering the handicaps. This is his moment! (Just pick the right one!)

Clugga it is!

6 + 8 for 1 and 59.

Who would take that?

Nope.

Yep, I would do that swap.

2 top 10 picks. We desperately need them.

Is this the fantasy footy thread?

I would take 4-8-10 for 1 and hibberds pick

Do the points work?

The points didn’t really work out for the deal just done between St Kilda and Hawthorn. I don’t think it has to get within 200 points does it?

Bugger em. If they want pick 1 badly enough we can do it without handing over our hibberd pick.

EDIT: Oops, didn’t seen the pick 10 that 6 monfries and coke had chucked in there. No way would that get over the line.

1 for 4&8 maybe.

Future pick muddies the Hawks/Saints deal so everyone can just shrug, Hawthorn’s first rounder next year could be pick 1, could be pick 18.

Even if Hawthorn were to win the flag and their first round pick was pick 18 it is as follows:

Pick 10
Pick 68

= 1454 points

vs

Pick 18
Pick 23
Pick 36

= 2302 points

And that’s WORST case scenario. Hawks could well take time to adjust with their new mix and be around about the 6-10th mark.

Saints have brained them and set themselves up with 2x FIRST ROUNDERS, 2xSECOND ROUNDERS next year*

*Their own 2nd rounder for next year traded for Steele.

Well to give this thread it’s last bit of oxygen…

Gold Coast likely now have:

Any chance they want to trade up to one?

Would we even want to if it means we’re out of the top 3?

*Remains to be seen if they trade away some of these for a player but it sounds like there aren’t too man players wanting to head up there.

Yeh two top 10 picks id take. Think about the players you have to trade out to buy yourself an extra high pick these days. Mitchell is only worth pick 14 and gibbs is only worth 13 in the current market, i also tend to think high picks develop better if they have another mate to develop alongside.

I would take 4-8-10 for 1 and hibberds pick

I reckon 4&8 to us would still definitely be on cards if they get 6 off the Tigers which has to happen or they won’t get Prestia.

GC get their choice at 1.

Brisbane will bid at 3 for Bowes, of which after the discount 6 is enough points for. And they still have 10.

GC - 1, Bowes & 10 (and Hibbo pick)
EFC - 4, 8

If they don’t do it they have to use points from 4 and part of 6 on Bowes assuming we bid. Which we would.