Would you trade the number 1 pick? Jackets wouldn't

You would expect that the top three in any given draft should be pretty ■■■■■■ good players - I wouldn’t be over-thinking it just because we picked the first of the three. McGrath is a jet.

2 Likes

If someone right now offered you the choice of:

A) McCluggage (3) and Witherden (23)

OR

B) McGrath (1) and Ridley (22)

Taking the emotion out of it, which combination would you take?

WHO GIVES A ■■■■???

4 Likes

Way too early and Ridley was always a longer term prospect compared to Witherden. Honestly couldn’t go wrong with either at this stage

Sensible and reasoned comment.

Glad someone gets the idea that a football forum may be used to discuss thoughts and opinions relating to football, of which drafting is a key component.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Can set my watch to your usual derisive comments rather than actually having an opinion that adds something.

It may not be your cup of tea, that’s fine. Then pis$ off and go into another thread. A lot of posters actually enjoy following the draftees in their draft year and tracking their progress afterwards and assessing how we’ve gone.

4 Likes

Who gives a ■■■■?

1 Like

Lol :laughing:

Considering the whole point is totally moot, has no chance of happening and is only here for you to flog your log over, seriously who gives a ■■■■?

2 Likes

Who gives a ■■■■?

Big whoop king dingaling

I would have picked Oliver over Parish

1 Like

Wasn’t a choice we had to make. Our recruiters would have picked Parish in any event, speaking to one of the recruiters who was with us at the time.

Melbourne agreed with you

I dare say Dodoro did too

We were always taking Parish

Not true, Melbourne traded up cause they knew we were going to take him

2 Likes

How does that change anything?

What other clubs think we’re doing and what we’re actually doing are two different things

Remember Heppell’s dodgy groins.

We were balls deep into Oliver

It appeared that Melbourne cared what we were doing when they traded up to get their man. They have made many mistakes over the years, but going all in on Oliver was not one of them.

3 Likes