Would you trade the number 1 pick? Jackets wouldn't

Best decision-maker: Hugh McCluggage (“you know when he has the ball he’s gonna find a teammate”)

Oh god we need this

McCluggae to Ainsworth fap fap

As I've said before. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL take the number 1 draft pick from us if we finish bottom. They'll make some rule on the run after other clubs moan saying we have 12 players on the sidelines due to us 'cheating' or some ■■■■.

I’m sometimes prone to pessimism/skepticism of AFL House but there’s no way this will happen mate. Even they realise they have punished us enough and it’s time to move on.

What is the evidence for this statement? If they had really thought that they would not have accepted CAS’s corrupt verdict as absolutely meekly as they did.

I am nearly 100% certain that after the CAS verdict came out, Gillon stated that the AFL handed down it’s punishment in 2013 and would not punish EFC any further.

Cal Twomey Road to Draft gave his “best of” in different categories. Think I missed a couple of them …
Best key forward: Todd Marshall
Best set shot: Josh Battle
Best inside player: Will Brodie
Best outside: Hugh McCluggage
Best speed: Jay (?) Williams
Best contested mark: Ben Ainsworth (“been taking hangers for years”)
Best leader: Jarrod Berry
Best raw athlete: Andrew McGrath
Best rebounding defender: Sam Walker
Best small or med forward: Ben Ainsworth (“absolute star factor”)
Most classy player: Sam Petrevski-Seton (“he sees things unfold few others do”)
Best ruckman: Tim English
Most poised/composed: Alex Witherden
Best footy IQ: Harry Perryman
Most versatile: Jarrod Berry/Harry Perryman
Best accumulator: Koby Mutch
Best decision-maker: Hugh McCluggage (“you know when he has the ball he’s gonna find a teammate”)
Most capable of being a matchwinner: Daniel Venables
Best South Australian: Jack Graham
Best run and carry: Shai Bolton
Best role player: Griffen Logue
Best clearance player: Dylan Clarke
Best developing multicultural player: Tony Olango (ruckman)

So want Ainsworth.

I think off the back of a good performance, people are being pretty optimistic that we will win a game. It was interesting when we got in front on Sunday, St Kilda then piled on 2-3 goals pretty quickly. I don’t think we have the cattle to beat even Brisbane or GCS given they’ll be up for beating us.

‘Bullsht! We will not win a premiership if we don’t get pick 1. Pick 2 is sht and might as well trade it for a packet of twisties.’

*Carlton supporters

We will not have pick 1.

Start weighing up drafting strategies for Pick 2 and maybe a couple of 2nd rounders.

Totally agree we will not finish last.

You watch Brisbane sack Leppitsch R17 and the customary clear air good performance win come from Brisbane.

Can’t see us beating anybody else including GCS.

We’ll beat fark carlton.

Quite confident club won't entertain the idea of trading first pick unless an obvious huge win
True but I see a little glimmer of hope trading with the Suns. They will end up with 2 picks inside the top 8 most likely so points wise they may look at something or even throw Prestia into the deal.

No they won’t

Quite confident club won't entertain the idea of trading first pick unless an obvious huge win
True but I see a little glimmer of hope trading with the Suns. They will end up with 2 picks inside the top 8 most likely so points wise they may look at something or even throw Prestia into the deal.
We will not have pick 1.

Start weighing up drafting strategies for Pick 2 and maybe a couple of 2nd rounders.

You watch Brisbane sack Leppitsch R17 and the customary clear air good performance win come from Brisbane.

Can’t see us beating anybody else including GCS.

We will not have pick 1.

Couple? What do you know?

I think we will be a much more attractive destination if we finish with a run of wins. May make trading easier even if we miss out on pick 1.

McCullage or a trade hmmm

I think we will be a much more attractive destination if we finish with a run of wins. May make trading easier even if we miss out on pick 1.

But we have to finish last otherwise all those lambasting articles written about us will be rendered useless!

We will not have pick 1.

We will not have pick 1.

Pretty confident of beating Brisbane!

Bowes is no chance.

Where is Brodie? Not a fan?

Oops. Got my two “B name” draftees mixed up. Swap Brodie for Bowes in that (non-academy) talk.
Pick 1 and 37 for Prestia and Pick 8/9.

Would add so much to our midfield, Pick 8 can go to Ainsworth, Battle, Marshall, English, Venables, McGrath.

Pick #1 + #37 for #4 and #8 is only 100 points less, which evens out when you consider those picks will be pushed back by academy selections. S you’re valuing Prestia as worth pick #4. I don’t think he is, I think the equivalent of #8 should do it.

So if that deal was occurring, I’d expect us to get #4 and Prestia back.

We could yet beat any or all of Richmond, Brisbane, Gold Coast (here) and Carlton. I expect to finish on 3 to 4 wins

We will not have pick 1.