Xmas Cards

That’s why you should send a few.

That's why you should send a few.
But if they're people I know, then I'd have to go to the funeral and I don't like funerals. Had far too many from '97-2000

Got one from our very nice Catholic neighbours. Suppose I have to send one back now.

Got one from our very nice Catholic neighbours. Suppose I have to send one back now.

This is what I don’t get. They live next to you! They can say Merry Christmas to you in person! Why send a card for?

My extended family always used to do this, they would actually see each other Christmas Day and then also hand each other cards on the day! Why?

“Merry Christmas, now here is a piece of paper that clearly documents the fact that I just wished you Merry Christmas.”

So farking Catholic.

This is what I don’t get. They live next to you! They can say Merry Christmas to you in person! Why send a card for?

My extended family always used to do this, they would actually see each other Christmas Day and then also hand each other cards on the day! Why?

“Merry Christmas, now here is a piece of paper that clearly documents the fact that I just wished you Merry Christmas.”

So farking Catholic.

My mum used to have a big (recently dwindling rapidly) of people she’d send Christmas cards to.

She was rigidly Catholic (this is the first Christmas since she died, so there goes a big profit sector for AusPost).

On a tangent following AN’s observation, my weekly 'phone calls to my dear old mum have now become a recitation of who among her friends is ailing or has succumbed to/been diagnosed with something terminal. Getting old seems to have not a lot to recommend it.

On a tangent following AN's observation, my weekly 'phone calls to my dear old mum have now become a recitation of who among her friends is ailing or has succumbed to/been diagnosed with something terminal. Getting old seems to have not a lot to recommend it.
Early this year, she was telling me who had just died.

One of them had died in 1973, another in 2007. Her mind wasn’t at 100%, which stopped my phone calls.

The old man’s hearing aid doesn’t work too well so I use iMessage or Facebook messaging for him.

Not sure I recommend going much past 90 either, but he gets by pretty well living on his own. Pretty much housebound though, but he’s got all his wits.

Something tells me you are in for a very long innings AN10.

I’ll be staggered if you’re not still posting on here in 20 years time !
Perhaps a little crankier by then.

Did you ■■■■ off J Christ?

Something tells me you are in for a very long innings AN10.

I’ll be staggered if you’re not still posting on here in 20 years time !
Perhaps a little crankier by then.

Four or five trade periods should see me out. Blood pressure won’t cut it.

And I’m banned from ever reading matchday threads by my doctor. Some of you c**ts are shocking.

They throw them around at work, willy nilly. Despite making it very clear to all that no one will receive one in return, I still get them. I suspect they are trying to guilt me into joining the party.

They dont know me.