Xmas pressies

My wife got me the Bose headphones last Christmas. After the initial shock of finding out how much they cost, I must admit they are awesome. Only issue is that I cannot hear any announcements on the train, so sometimes I go to Flinders Street direct instead of the City Loop.

2 Likes

I hate Turkey. It’s Lasagna in my household.

1 Like

I’ve often wondered if people who buy noise cancelling headphones have tried passive sealed headphones.
A good set of sealed headphones gets rid of a good 99% of external noise.

I went down the ‘custom molded in-ears’ road and never looked back… isolation, outstanding sound quality and comfort. The only downside is no-one else can wear them so you can’t show off how good they sound/feel…

bit harsh. I know its parody however.

I took my kids into meet Albert when I worked at the Council. They went sick and ran riot in his office, jumped on his leather casting couch, hid under his desk etc. His demeanour was not unlike when he was asked if Lonny was a shithole.

I will defend this place to my last breath. The seaports getting a huge boost in restaurants, cafes, bars hotels etc. its not a major port due to depth of the river. I could go on bruce style but I wont. They got a Council GM in a few years ago and cut through a Chinese phone directory worth of red tape to get things happening. This was done due to the consequences of having a corrupt, old school, misogynistic, set in their ways group of white old men who liked things just the way they where, re a $hithole.

Hobarts fkd. OK maybe its not but to compare it to Lonny is dumb (yes I still realise it was parody).

The only drawback is fkn Hawthorn, but alas they are a positive as they’ve boosted the local economy just because they’ve won everything for the last 10 years.

Our airport beagles are good though. Dingus and HAP wont get in.

But I like Launceston.

It has peacocks.

1 Like

Best Christmas present ever for my missus and kids. I go home for six weeks before coming back to Shitney to work for another 12 months. Have only seen then for a total of about 30 days for the year, so they get the pleasure of my company, what more could they ask for?

7 Likes

Buying my mates kid a toy BBQ and an Essendon football
Neice I’m getting a toy art board and kitchen (too gender specific? Come at me).
Parents a night away at a winery. Not many to choose from that don’t include wine tours. My dad doesn’t drink wine so it will just a waste of his time.
Nonnas: panatonne. What else???
Missus: a dress
Me: meh, don’t need anything

Anyone got one of those transformer ladders that are on TV? My dad wants one of them but I don’t like buying ■■■■ off the TV

2 Likes

Family KKs are the best. We do $150 limit and people just message their requests in a WhatsApp group.

Of course, the Instagram person always wants an “experience”. “I’m sick of clothes, I just want the experience of life” no ■■■■, her words.
That roughly translate to “I want the experience so I can spend half of the time uploading photos to Instagram where I can show off to people what a (fake) life I live”

1 Like

What is a toy BBQ ?

My boy has a wooden toy bbq got from sister for Christmas last year with pretend sausages, kebabs, shrimp, Tongs etc along with his toy kitchen which we got given to us after someone’s kids were too old for it, if u have enough space for it it’s good. Let’s them pretend to cook.

1 Like

Last time I went about a month ago the beagles rooted out about a kg of apples from a family’s luggage.
Lucky my coke got through.

1 Like

Hobart, Launceston = Melbourne, Ararat

What, mallrat

Probably closer to Geelong and Ballarat IMO

And monkeys

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/Wdqo409_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Tree up, and in come the spiders…

2 Likes

If you are going to have spiders in your house, better to have tree spiders than rock spiders.

1 Like

Get that fkn thing away from me

1 Like

Photo doesn’t do it justice, actually bigger with his/her legs splayed out more. Impressive specimen.