Your preference for pick 1

I'm just preparing Jacket's answers atm. First dot point is:
  • He’s a man of great character and a future leader of the club

Anyone got some others?

“Yeah look, we thought he’d go early that that to be honest” (re: pick 20.)

Anyone got some others?

We can’t believe he fell to us at this pick.

All I want out of this draft is to look back at the photo of the draftees 15 years from now and have it be at least this good. That’s not too much to ask for is it?

trust essendon to use pick 1 on a HBF

*i am just getting my complaining in early

No faith in McGrath as a midfielder?

i was just trying to make a joke to get some “likes”

i failed on both counts

For those (including myself!) who might be tempted to treat tonight as a disaster if EFC doesn't pick their preferred candidate, here's a bit of perspective.

This is what a REAL draft disaster looks like…

http://www.si.com/longform/true-crime/i-5-killer-green-bay-packers-randall-woodfield/index.html

The 428th pick in the 1974 NFL draft! How many freaking picks do they use?

“Yeah look, we thought he’d go earlier than that to be honest” (re: pick 428.)

How many co-captains will Essendon have if we get McGrath? Hep darcy zach and McGrath co captains

I got my days mixed up and was all set up last night.

MCG please.

For those (including myself!) who might be tempted to treat tonight as a disaster if EFC doesn't pick their preferred candidate, here's a bit of perspective.

This is what a REAL draft disaster looks like…

http://www.si.com/longform/true-crime/i-5-killer-green-bay-packers-randall-woodfield/index.html

So I’m guessing they didn’t run tests on his character…who wants choirboys anyway?

I can think of more than one poster on here who’d be happy to draft a serial killer.

#iamone

How many co-captains will Essendon have if we get McGrath? Hep darcy zach and McGrath co captains

Myers, Hooker. You can see why leadership qualities would be an important factor.

He has a great understanding of the structures

trust essendon to use pick 1 on a HBF

*i am just getting my complaining in early

No faith in McGrath as a midfielder?

i was just trying to make a joke to get some “likes”

i failed on both counts

I liked your response if that’s any consolation?

The name McGrath sounds so boring!

Myers, Hooker. You can see why leadership qualities would be an important factor.

Tippa indegineous leader Daniher also showed leadership up forward Plus the old timers Goddard Watson bagley kelly Hurley as well Zaha also sees himself as a leader

We need more leaders

Also thinking about the sort of discussions Doise, Darc and Hugh might have about cow bringing in, and the like.

Will be interesting to see if that article changes meaning the club told them to change it. If they DGAF we're probably picking McGrath

It’s over guys. Welcome to Essendon A McGrath

If they do change it, it would probably indicate we weren’t taking McGrath, so…damned if you do, …

Listened to the Dodoro interview. It does strongly give the impression that we will take McGrath. Even ignoring the part where Berry mentions McGrath and Dodoro says we think he is the best (whether he is talking about McGrath or another option is not crystal clear). He talks about the fact that the player they chose is a leader and can lead the football club similar to Hodge.

I’m 99% certain we are picking Andrew McGrath.

Anyone got some others?

complete package

Anyone got some others?

complete package

comes from just a great family
due diligence
ticks all those boxes
we see him moving into the midfield