Your preference for pick 1

So McClugagge himself must have interviewed not so well. Quiet unassuming country kid perhaps meant it tipped scales back to McGrath.

Only going to say it once but we picked the best overall package over the best player.

You can be a real ■■■■ sometimes.

Whats wrong with picking the best overall package ?

So McClugagge himself must have interviewed not so well. Quiet unassuming country kid perhaps meant it tipped scales back to McGrath.

Only going to say it once but we picked the best overall package over the best player.

come off it deckham, your outbursts in the drafting threads for the last month were special.

Lol

come off it deckham, your outbursts in the drafting threads for the last month were special.

Were they?
Maybe you’re right. Sometimes, we can’t see ourselves from that angle.
I’ll take note.

Lol

You can lol all you like, I’m only going on who won the Morrish.
Now if you wanted a player/leader to play multiple roles and drag your team over the line in a big final then McGrath sounds like your man.

McCluggage clear best player hence he went at 3

Interested to hear Dodoro talk about what sets him apart because as of about 10 days ago we were leaning to clug.

The McGrath interview must have been a factor.

Very hard to split.

Hope Andrew has a long and distinguished career.

Didn’t you say we were locked down pretty tight about the player we wanted? How do you know we were leaning McCluggage at one stage?

No I said we were leaning one way and not definite. Then like everyone I tried to read what the timing of the meetings and Xavier Campbell’s attendance meant.

Interested to hear Dodoro talk about what sets him apart because as of about 10 days ago we were leaning to clug.

Very hard to split.

Didn’t you say we were locked down pretty tight about the player we wanted? How do you know we were leaning McCluggage at one stage?

No I said we were leaning one way and not definite. Then like everyone I tried to read what the timing of the meetings and Xavier Campbell’s attendance meant.

Very hard to split.

Sorry I misunderstood - yes we were locked down. I had an inkling on thinking a couple of weeks back but the final decision only a very small group knew.

Childish but it takes one to know one.

Very hard to split.

Apparently X likes taking long drives in the countryside.

For those (including myself!) who might be tempted to treat tonight as a disaster if EFC doesn't pick their preferred candidate, here's a bit of perspective.

This is what a REAL draft disaster looks like…

http://www.si.com/longform/true-crime/i-5-killer-green-bay-packers-randall-woodfield/index.html

So I’m guessing they didn’t run tests on his character…who wants choirboys anyway?

I can think of more than one poster on here who’d be happy to draft a serial killer.

Well he didn’t run the paradise McCluggage was drafted to paradise.
He ain’t coming back.

How many co-captains will Essendon have if we get McGrath? Hep darcy zach and McGrath co captains

Myers, Hooker. You can see why leadership qualities would be an important factor.

Tippa indegineous leader Daniher also showed leadership up forward Plus the old timers Goddard Watson bagley kelly Hurley as well Zaha also sees himself as a leader

We need more leaders

I remember when we had nearly every player in our team having been a captain or former captain or other, but we didn’t make finals, had too many cheifs.

I thought that "leadership" potential in AFL meant the the kid has a bit more than half a brain and can express some ideas and feelings with words, unlike most normal laconic teenage boys why can only just articulate "yeah", "nah", "not much" and "yeah alright".

And um, sorta, coulda, you know, and ah we’ll see.

How many co-captains will Essendon have if we get McGrath? Hep darcy zach and McGrath co captains

Myers, Hooker. You can see why leadership qualities would be an important factor.

Tippa indegineous leader Daniher also showed leadership up forward Plus the old timers Goddard Watson bagley kelly Hurley as well Zaha also sees himself as a leader

We need more leaders

I remember when we had nearly every player in our team having been a captain or former captain or other, but we didn’t make finals, had too many cheifs.

Still trying to work out what a cheif is, is it like a chef with a lazy i?
Or is it like a chief.

I think we will pick McGrath, could play alot of time in the midfieldand across half back in 2017

I think we will pick McGrath, could play alot of time in the midfieldand across half back in 2017

Bet we don’t

Bet we don’t

How the fark did we end up that Andy bloke!!!

Bet we don’t

How the fark did we end up that Andy bloke!!!

I think we’ll trade it for two top ten picks.

We need more leaders

When was this?