Your preference for pick 1

Benjamin Ainsworth. Because I like to be different.

Clug.

McGrath in the Grand Final had 38 possessions yet many thought he wasn’t best on ground, you wouldn’t even realise he had that many until you hear or read the stats.

McCluggage has 17 in the All star game and Brad Johnson is saying we just can’t stop him. Everyone knew he was playing, he had 21 possessions less than McGraths GF performance yet there is a big difference in impact.

It’s no contest McCluggage hurts you with his possession McGrath doesn’t.
Anyone who watches the championship games, all star game, AIS vs VFL teams games and the TAC cup competition will also see this.

During the year McCluggage had a game 36 possessions 5 goals, that is 19 possessions and 1 goal more than his All Star game.

Pick the player who impacts the game, pretty simple really.

McGrath in the Grand Final had 38 possessions yet many thought he wasn't best on ground, you wouldn't even realise he had that many until you hear or read the stats.

McCluggage has 17 in the All star game and Brad Johnson is saying we just can’t stop him. Everyone knew he was playing, he had 21 possessions less than McGraths GF performance yet there is a big difference in impact.

Anyone who watches the championship games, all star game, AIS vs VFL teams games and the TAC cup competition will also see this.

During the year McCluggage had a game 36 possessions 5 goals, that is 19 possessions and 1 goal more than his All Star game.

You are so far of the mark it’s not funny. To say McGrath doesn’t impact a game is just complete nonsense. If it wasn’t for him going to Stephenson in the TAC elimination final they would have lost that game and never have even made the grand final let alone win it. He destroyed Ainsworth in a champs game which also won them the game and his 2nd half in the TAC grand final helped them get over the line.

I think you must have been watching a different game if you didn’t think McGrath was best on ground in the grand final or you didn’t notice him racking up possessions, hitting targets and breaking the lines at will.

McGrath in the Grand Final had 38 possessions yet many thought he wasn't best on ground, you wouldn't even realise he had that many until you hear or read the stats.

You are so far of the mark it’s not funny. To say McGrath doesn’t impact a game is just complete nonsense. If it wasn’t for him going to Stephenson in the TAC elimination final they would have lost that game and never have even made the grand final let alone win it. He destroyed Ainsworth in a champs game which also won them the game and his 2nd half in the TAC grand final helped them get over the line.

So again 3 examples of McGrath moving to defence to be a defender, that’s just it, he is an awesome shut down player or an attacking defender…

So again 3 examples of McGrath moving to defence to be a defender, that’s just it, he is an awesome shut down player or an attacking defender…

You questioned his ability to impact games which you are clearly wrong in. And McCluggages impact comes from his goal kicking i wouldn't say there is a big difference in their impact in general play.

How did McGrath go on the kicking?

I think you must have been watching a different game if you didn't think McGrath was best on ground in the grand final or you didn't notice him racking up possessions, hitting targets and breaking the lines at will.

theres a valid case for Taranto, but those 2 are easily the best 2 with scrimshaw 3rd for mine.

game also proved this is a ■■■■ year for talls, marshall thoroughly underwhelming.

HOCKING?!

You questioned his ability to impact games which you are clearly wrong in. And McCluggags impact comes from his goal kicking i wouldn't say there is a big difference in their impact in general play.

Goals Goals Goals, they seem to have the biggest impact on games, Hird was an impact player because he kicked goals at the crucial times, time after time I just come to expect Hird to save the day yet again because of his goal kicking ability.

I think you must have been watching a different game if you didn't think McGrath was best on ground in the grand final or you didn't notice him racking up possessions, hitting targets and breaking the lines at will.

theres a valid case for Taranto, but those 2 are easily the best 2 with scrimshaw 3rd for mine.

game also proved this is a ■■■■ year for talls, marshall thoroughly underwhelming.

There are some OK tall defenders but yeah very very light for key talls but next year is full of good key forwards with atleast 8 I can think of being in the mix for top 30 next year atm

To be honest Taranto would be my choice for pick one, is able to kick multiple goals while racking up the possessions like McCluggage but with a better inside game.

You questioned his ability to impact games which you are clearly wrong in. And McCluggags impact comes from his goal kicking i wouldn't say there is a big difference in their impact in general play.

Goals Goals Goals, they seem to have the biggest impact on games, Hird was an impact player because he kicked goals at the crucial times, time after time I just come to expect Hird to save the day yet again because of his goal kicking ability.

So by your logic Hurley and Hooker have no impact on a game down back rightio then

But to say he doesn’t impact the game? He adds game winning drive with each possession coming out of the backline. Honestly he’s work around stoppages is better than McCluggages. Also feel like if any of the two had low impact possession it’s be Clug. He loves a lewy Taylor chip kick. Yes he’s skills may be elite, but so many times he just chips it around

So by your logic Hurley and Hooker have no impact on a game down back rightio then

I wonder why we keep trying to turn defenders into forwards, 1st Hurley, next Carlisle next Hooker even Francis and Walla are being put there.

I wonder why we keep trying to turn defenders into forwards, 1st Hurley, next Carlisle next Hooker even Francis and Walla are being put there.

Both are important, nearly every position has importance.

yes agree, but what do we need more right now, a goal kicking mid or a defensive mid?

yes agree, but what do we need more right now, a goal kicking mid or a defensive mid?

Honestly for us I think Brodie and Taranto fill our needs best but both aren't quiet in that pick 1 calculation. I'd probly go McCluggage but not by much and I wouldn't complain either way. Mate I'm not trying to knock McCluggage here I just don't agree with opinions on McGrath not having as much of an impact.

The one who is going to be better