YouTube thread

I liked this one. Pity we can’t get the pre-rolled empanada cases here.

2 Likes

Oz snooker star, Neil Robertson, just won what is being described as one of the greatest finals in Snooker history. In doing so he had to win deciding frames in his quarter final, semi final and final against top notch opposition, including Judd Trump, the current number one and reigning world champ in the final. This, the penultimate frame, is atypical of the match where frames were regularly won in one visit, indeed there were 9 century breaks in 19 frames which is just about unheard of. Robertson was dead in the water in this frame and facing almost certain defeat but fashioned an incredible escape in the longest frame of the match. He cleared the table in the last to pinch the title.
The whole match is on the tube in real time and short form and for snooker fans it is a must. Easily the best final I’ve watched.

2 Likes

Our favourite OZ snooker champion and vegan has just won his second ranking title in three weeks, he lost to world number one Judd Trump in the final of the odd week. Played brilliantly in the final against Graeme Dott with five centuries to lead 9 to 5 and then started to choke. Managed to recover enough to clinch it 10 to 8 and the relief he showed when he potted the key final red was manifest. He’s the greatest snooker player we’ve ever had and the greatest non Brit to strut round the main table in a sport which is a big deal in the UK and of course China and much of Asia where the game thrives. Which makes it hard to understand why he is ignored in his home country. Incidentally the gold crown he wears proudly is an indication he has won each of the triple crown events, which includes a world championship, snooker’s equivalent of majors.
PS He’s defending champion in Wales this week and I reckon he’s a monty to lose in the first round, he basically conceded as much in the post final interview when he said he’s all but run out of petrol tickets after playing something like 15 matches in 19 days, and winning 14 of them.

But he didn’t, so I’m wrong again. Make that 15 out of 16 in 21 days in 4 different countries if you count Wales, which I do even though they voted for Brexit big time. Remember too, snooker matches go on for lengthy periods, 6 to 8 hours or more for a final. Now what’s all this stuff about you need meat for stamina?
Mind you he played BS, just less so than his opponent. Said post match he considered withdrawing due to exhaustion. Severely doubt he’ll progress beyond the next round.

8 Likes

So this cover has started blowing up on YouTube of late because of how bad it is… i think it’s funny, like a constipated person trying to push a large turd out

Vox needs work

KFC

Link doesn`t work,
Houli-Dooli

You can see where they got the band name from!

I don’t even wanna know how many hours of planning, practice/prep, filming, producing and editing go into making a video like this…

Think of it this way - two separate streams of work - one is audio, the other visual.

5 Likes

Oh I see, you are suggesting that most of the video is for show ?

When I see each individual video segment continually changing pipes to achieve different sounds, I just assumed that each 1 was being audio recorded individually.

What you’re saying makes sense, and would be much, much easier.

1 Like

Well this just popped up in recommended videos for me… posted 7 years ago social distancing bar fight

7 Likes

So how did yiu soend you time in Isolation?

Umm…

1 Like

This is sickening.

https://twitter.com/mellierenee/status/1266101091667771393

1 Like