Zac Clarke

Want/need.

Apparently on the table.

Would pick 16 do it?

Means we would get Clarke and Impy for Ryder.

Pick 16 is a lucky dip.

We need a ruckmen now. Not after 4 years of development.

I’d be more than happy to get him obviously depending what they want in return

Howlett, hardingham, jetta with a latedraft pick then yes please

EDIT: actually i’d consider 16 too but would want more than just clarke maybe another pick

Pick 16 is a lucky dip.

Would be trying to grab Redden from Port, very promising young ruckman.
Failing that id grab someone like Baulderstone that will cost stuff all

If we lose Paddy and get Clarke in return without giving up anything else, then we should take it and run.

Clarke’s value isn’t as high as Paddy because he’s a backup ruck who plays forward. Give him first ruck like he has whenever Sandilands has been out the last three years and he’d be of as much value as Paddy is.

I think pick 16 is about his value right now.

Pick 16 is a lucky dip.

Would be trying to grab Redden from Port, very promising young ruckman.
Failing that id grab someone like Baulderstone that will cost stuff all
I'd take Clarke. He's far more durable and has shown far more than Redden.
I'd take Baulderstone as well if he's still there late in the draft.

Do you guys expect Clarke to be first ruck or Belly?

I don’t see the upside in him. Pretty much useless around the ground.

Pick 16 is a lucky dip.

I disagree that we will need a ruckman now. Or at least that we need a ruckman that will cost us a first rounder. We have a 25yo first string ruck. We have 2 x 200cm key forwards who can give him a chop out in our preferred structure. What we need is back up ruck (and kpf) depth. I don't think it's worth spending big on a guy who is 6 months younger than Bellchambers, even if we rate him. I like him as a player, but don't think he fits our structure. If we get him we'd rejig our structure, but I think we have other areas that will make a bigger difference to our team, and so should be a higher priority for spending.
If we get him cheap he's good and adds pressure to Bellchambers, and allows us flexibility with Carlisle. But is that as important as more quality midfield depth?

I don't see the upside in him. Pretty much useless around the ground.

Clarke is useless around the ground?
He's just as good around the ground as Paddy. He's no Dean Cox though.
Bellchambers is a better mark though.
Clarke is a better tackler. Especially when resting forward.
I'd prefer Clarke to be the first ruck, but can see Belly and Clarke splitting the ruck 50/50 when it suits us.

Does Carlisle, Daniher, Bellchambers work as a forward line though?

Disagree b8, his decent with the ball hits the ground. Needs to fix his kicking though.

Does Carlisle, Daniher, Bellchambers work as a forward line though?

Not with last year system..with Hird we just have to wait and see. With Hirdy we did tend to bomb it long to the contest a lot.

Get him.

Am I the only one here that doesn’t really rate Bellchambers?

Not a giant and doesn’t have a great leap, and moves about as quickly as an iceberg.

Right now I would take Seglar over him

Jetta, Hardingham and Howlett for Clarke?

Pick 16 is a lucky dip.

I disagree that we will need a ruckman now. Or at least that we need a ruckman that will cost us a first rounder. We have a 25yo first string ruck. We have 2 x 200cm key forwards who can give him a chop out in our preferred structure. What we need is back up ruck (and kpf) depth. I don't think it's worth spending big on a guy who is 6 months younger than Bellchambers, even if we rate him. I like him as a player, but don't think he fits our structure. If we get him we'd rejig our structure, but I think we have other areas that will make a bigger difference to our team, and so should be a higher priority for spending.
If we get him cheap he's good and adds pressure to Bellchambers, and allows us flexibility with Carlisle. But is that as important as more quality midfield depth?

Spot on. We need to find that second string ruckman to slot in for games where Belly is out. JD came along nicely this year in his ruck work, will be more than capable for his chop out roll next year. What ever we get for Ryder must help us around the ball and they must be 24 years or under.

Am I the only one here that doesn't really rate Bellchambers?
Not a giant and doesn't have a great leap, and moves about as quickly as an iceberg.

Yeah i'd say you are close to alone there
Decent pace on a lead, has a decent leap when not carrying an injury, has excellent hands and is willing to throw his weight around.
If we did get ceglar would you promise to spell his name right?

Am I the only one here that doesn't really rate Bellchambers?
Not a giant and doesn't have a great leap, and moves about as quickly as an iceberg.

He's 202cm. That's close enough to giant land. And he actually does have quite the leap. Damaged liagments in his ankle may have affected that this year. 

Fremantle getting involved opens up our options a lot.

You’d think if they can land Frawley, they are more likely to be trading away draft selections.

But just throwing up some possibilities.

Fremantle: gain Butcher & Hardingham, Port’s 2nd round pick.

Port gain: Ryder

Essendon: Clarke & pick 16

Clarke is useless around the ground?
He's just as good around the ground as Paddy. He's no Dean Cox though.
Bellchambers is a better mark though.
Clarke is a better tackler. Especially when resting forward.
I'd prefer Clarke to be the first ruck, but can see Belly and Clarke splitting the ruck 50/50 when it suits us.

There inlies the problem we have already, two guys who should be no.1 ruck, who play better when they are, but struggle when they only get 50 % gametime in the middle.

not apposed to having Clarke, it's just you're going back to having to figure out a problem we already have, but instead this time you've gone out of your way to not solve it. yes we need another ruckman or two, but preferably you'd rather back in Belly, and look for a younger developing ruckman that at the worst can hold his own if he is called upon to play seniors.

I'm not sure if Clarke wants to leave for more ruck oppotunity how we can actually offer or sell that to him, providing that is a reason he would leave.