Zac Jones

Though I’ve tried, and the competition is extremely fierce, I cannot for the life of me recall anyone in footy media who spouts as much crap as Ling. Lingy.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be averse to signing him. Enables us to move McKenna further upfield.

He’d be an excellent addition.

1 Like

I can’t hate Ling ever since he missed a goal from about 1m out whilst being chased by J Hird early in his career. I’ve never seen a more unbelievable miss. He misses everything. I don’t know how he physically did it. Scroll to around 48 seconds in.

6 Likes

The implied pressure of having J Hird near by must have rendered him disorientated.

Probably Hird’s ginormous ego got in the way making Ling’s goal all about himself. Wanker.

1 Like

I think I must be the only person not to have any problem with Ling. Not a total wanker, seems nice enough, knows the game. All three of which put him ahead of 99% of other football media types.

8 Likes

My Geelong-supporting relos absolutely hate him.

I reckon C Ling is pretty happy with C Ling.

1 Like

I don’t dislike him as a person, since I don’t know him. I dislike the way almost everything he says about a game he should know so much about, is rubbish.

I think (as demonstrated with the C9 cricket guys) modern commercial TV & radio producers show you can turn almost anyone into a complete know-nothing idiot if you pay them by the word.
The difference when some guys move from commercial to ABC (or vice versa) is startling.

1 Like

Yep my problem with C Ling is you can hear his self satisfied grin through his words. He talks in nothing but cliches and, as has been said by many people before me, just states the fkn obvious every single time.

It’s just so annoying, you can just about write his next statement as you hear him winding up with the “hey boyyys, I just reckon-” then you can autofill the rest “P Dangerfield is going to wind up here with a big quarter, he’s had 4 touches in 2 minutes and I think he senses this is his moment, watch him walking around the stoppage hunting the footy here boyssss”

Ugh

1 Like

Boundary riders should only report what happens on the interchange bench. and not look like they want to ■■■■■■■■ a former sides players when they’re winning.

Unfortunately I think he’s in the box now.

Signed a 2 year contract extension yesterday. Close thread.

So… we’re in with a chance?

Yes…for the 2020 season

1 Like

Didn’t want him anyway sobs

1 Like

LIAR!

That doesn’t sound like me.