Zaharakis... the old Stanton

Runs one way.

Back to the 2nds for Zaha. 

He's the guy that we'd take the ■■■■ out of on Blitz if he played for another side.

The Houli role or the Murphy role?

Agree with a lot of the comments here. From afar it looks to be part lack of fire, part confidence. Howlett has had more influence this year.

Can't get his own pill. Has always been an outside receiver, but clubs have wised up that he's our best distributor going inside 50 and is getting close attention.
Like Deledio, looks great when it's going ours/his way, but he needs to be able to break the tags or be able to win his own footy.

Like the Deledio comparison a lot. Also Dal Santo.

I'm not sure how you can single anybody out from last night, from where I was sitting all our players were standing flat footed and playing with a slippery ball.

god help us if Ben Stockbroker finds this thread!

See this is where you guys have me all wrong. 

Watching from the stands he was far from our worst tonight. In fact I thought he was one of our best. Doesn't mean that I don't think he is overrated. That's all I have ever said. People on here are (and have) calling him a future captain, a Jet etc etc...I've just always thought that he doesnt do much at all to warrant this reputation. I was shouted down, ostracised and banned 6 times for calling it how many of you are now seeing it.

My criticisms of Zaka are not based on jumping on bandwagons and hitting someone when they (and the whole team) are down.

Last night was an abberation for the entire team. The entire backline decided to have their worst games all on the same night!

Benny

He's the guy that we'd take the ■■■■ out of on Blitz if he played for another side.

Bryce Gibbs role

Bryce Gibbs role

Zaka and Melk are like Bryce and Murphy in that when recruited they ticked all the boxes. Old style conservative recruiting guys would have met their parents and said these guys are all wonderful upstanding your kids that you would like your daughter to bring home for a Sunday roast.

Good kids, good values, good leadership material (apparently)

Unfortunately doesn't translate in the trenches...Teams need guys that push peoples buttons, that take risks, that are creative. As 18 year olds this sometimes translates to 'too risky'....

Teams need a balance. Bombers balance is good but Carltons leaderships is terrible,

Runs one way.

Yeah, I also heard that he got that bout of gastro pretty bad.

Had his best preseason ever. Blitzed some of those games when played with some of our bigger bodies were out.

Think now that he doesn’t have that responsibility coasts, bit like Melk.

Watching from the stands he was far from our worst tonight. In fact I thought he was one of our best. Doesn't mean that I don't think he is overrated. That's all I have ever said. People on here are (and have) calling him a future captain, a Jet etc etc...I've just always thought that he doesnt do much at all to warrant this reputation. I was shouted down, ostracised and banned 6 times for calling it how many of you are now seeing it.

My criticisms of Zaka are not based on jumping on bandwagons and hitting someone when they (and the whole team) are down.

Last night was an abberation for the entire team. The entire backline decided to have their worst games all on the same night!

Benny

Fair point.

So why have you got his number on your duffle coat?

Some of our players including Zaharakis have an attitude problem.

Sometimes I wonder if they were out of the game we might have done better.

Bryce Gibbs role

Yep, agree 100%.

Benny

Fair point.

So why have you got his number on your duffle coat?

Its peverils

Weak

Weak

And saying that anonymously on a web forum is 'strong'.

One good NAB game against the Suns then the usually shirking, not effort off the ball, not knowing how to break a tackle nor break the lines Zaka we have come to know.

But next week he'll kick 3 and get 35 possessions because it's Anzac Day game.

I think he should be made to play across half-back to make him accountable.  Might even help him to learn to read the play better.

Except he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, and doesn't chase hard, and isn't not good one on one he shirks

so no to that idea.