#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Lol teams facing off against Hepp/Jobe/Zerrett

Oh good one of em’s going off

*in steps Hocking

It’s certainly nice to finally have some midfield depth that’s for sure. I’ve felt that we’ve been comparatively poor in this area for over a decade. We have multiple options now to roll through there depending on the dynamic we’re after. Also, we are better stocked than ever to be be able to cover an injury or two as there will be many capable AFL mids playing in the 2’s this year to draw upon.

Putting aside the first year players, as well as Trav and Laverde who I consider more a high half forward and a hit up forward respectively at this stage, I thought I’d do a little rating of our midfield quality.
Trav could be considered more a wing and therefore a midfielder so I respect that view. Kelly I considered a half back for this exercise.

Based on where they are currently at in their careers I would go with:

1) Jobe Watson- Until I see evidence to the contrary, Jobe is still our premier midfielder + has had strong pre-season.
2) Zac Merrett- Complete package. Offensive threat, takes the corridor kick, defensive pressure elite, good around goal.
3) Dyson Heppell- Such a composed player. Good in heavy traffic, elite skills, decent overhead esp in back half. Skipper.
4) David Zaharakis- Maybe a little high but expect to benefit from the inside bulls returning. Run and carry goalkicker.
5) Heath Hocking- A little unheralded but his contribution whether as a tagger or as a general bullocker is imperative.
6) Brendon Goddard- Has the runs on the board and was still playing reasonable footy last year. Need footskills to hold up.
7) David Myers- If he finally gets a clear run at it we have seen he is a stoppage beast + booming kick breaks up zones.
8) Brent Stanton- Club champion, tireless runner who creates options, I expect a gradually diminishing output but still good.
9) Darcy Parish- Responsibility thrust on him in year 1 and held up superbly. Inside/Outside mid, lightning decision maker.
10) Kyle Langford- Got midfield time last year and had nice moments. Class is evident. Ready to blossom.
11) Ben Howlett- You get 100% effort and his tackling numbers are through the roof. Can hit scoreboard.
12) Craig Bird- Brave. Puts his head in harms way consistently. Good extractor at stoppages. Skills are average.

The exciting thing is, Parish and Langford are only going to climb this (admittedly highly subjective) ladder, probably even this season.

Where’s Trav?

do you even read bruh?

I do wonder whether we under-rate Craig Bird.

do you even read bruh?

I have a rare eye disorder that can only read bold text.

do you even read bruh?

I have Keratoconus, Fkn spewing too because the only thing I want to do is watch footy at the ground and now it’s tough.

Gotta look into better glasses/Contacts.

Watched the livestream, was BOG for mine.

$34.00 for the Brownlow.

See you kents at the Locker Room on Thursday week.

Going put $10 for a return of $340 if he wins.

Unfortunately I cant afford to bet big otherwise I would.

Don’t apologise for not being stupid.

Fools & their money, … etc.

Betting on something that is a certain outcome is not stupid…

I’m confused. I thought the Brownlow was Jobes this year - joint winners huh.

The return is halved if that happens
do you even read bruh?

Yeah, nah TL;DR.

do you even read bruh?

I have Keratoconus, Fkn spewing too because the only thing I want to do is watch footy at the ground and now it’s tough.

Look into cross linking if its still progressing
do you even read bruh?

Look into cross linking if its still progressing

I have had cross linking completed on both eyes, I’m 6 months on now, Eyes still changing, Hope with new glasses in the future It helps my day to day vision.

Can they 3D print new eyes yet?

Yes, but they’re plastic and don’t work.

1 Like

Freak!

Lens itself to this technology but it shouldn’t focus up too badly.

Lens itself to this technology but it shouldn’t focus up too badly.

Seriously, could these puns get any cornea?

2 Likes

I have to pay that one boot, but please not in the zerret thread.

According to AFL players, Zach is the 28th ranked player in the afl.

Dois 26th

Jobe 41st

Just noticed this Hurls was 45th as well.

Although concerningly there is also an article on Zerrett on the AFL site linked to this that mentions one C Judd mentored him in 2016. Let’s hope some of the 3 votes part rubs off on our boy and none of that other stuff.

I will be watching him closely for any involuntary eye gouge movements.

Mmm, mmm. I love me some chicken wings.