#7 Zerrett in the beginning

That play in the third quarter to set up JD’s goal, oh my.

3 Likes

He’s fkg amazing at precise bullets off while falling backwards.

Viera was a huge ■■■■■■■. Massive physical impact.

Zerrett doesn’t have that, never will. He’s little, but he’s neat and super hard working and he gets heaps of it and he just does good things almost every time. “Box to box” midfielder who just seems to be involved in almost every good bit of build up play, whether he’s the last touch into the box or the first guy presenting from defence. He’s just there. Always.

Those two played for Fitzroy in the 60s, didn’t they?

Let’s compare footballers with footballers, not soccer players.

4 Likes

From his very first game in the win against North he’s been destined for greatness and finally the football world are recognising it. If Essendon keep winning he’ll keep collecting Brownlow votes. He’s currently $18 in the markets. Could be a nice collect

1 Like

Rmember early last year when they were comparing Cripps and Zerrett? Yeah, Cripps wishes he was close.

1 Like

Cripps is a very good inside midfielder. He’s actually the exact type of clearance player we need to replace Jobe

But yeah, zerrett is way more damaging

1 Like

Still $34 at the TAB. I’ll take that, thanks.

1 Like

Cripps has been injured a lot, and has had to play through it as well, because he’s all they have got.

He’s pretty friggin good, but Zerrett has clearly leapfrogged him atm.

One of Zerretts worst games in his last dozen. And still in the best 4 players on the ground. That’s how good this kid is!

Solid… earn’t another week. Stays.

11 Likes

No wonder we’ve been sh*t for 15 years.

We accept mediocrity.

4 Likes

I suspect he’ll have Curnow breathing down his neck next week.

1 Like

That’s assuming Curnow can get a lift to the ground

The ‘Ed’ variety I believe

Good, give Stanton his own wing for the whole game

Unsurprisingly I wasn’t saying Z Merrett in any way physically resembles this guy:

The rest of your post was basically my (attempted) point in a nutshell.

2 Likes

(we have a CatB prospect as a son)

Any info you care to share? What sport is he from, what position he plays, Bomber supporter?

That’s all I wanted to know for now. How exciting for you and your son! Hope it works out!

3 Likes

Rules out boulderstone.