#7 Zerrett in the beginning

I seem to remember when Jackson was first drafted that one of the reasons was how mature he was because of how he had to look after his mum.

2 Likes

all of the tears

1 Like

Must be looking at some pretty fkg ■■■■ options if you’re 'relieved with the MS diagnosis.

1 Like

I had a 10min conversation with the Merrets after the rd1 game - waiting for the boys to come into the rooms. They are truly lovely.
Cathy was practically in tears when I told her how my 3 boys, half way across the world, adore Zach and refer to her son as a king - and taught her how it’s pronounced in Hebrew.
Herbie and i took a photo together and he told Cathy that they’ll make sure I get a photo with Zach too.
Zach came straight after the song to look for his parents and didn’t want to talk to anyone until he had.
Herbie very quickly made sure that I’d gotten my picture.
Really a lovely family.

21 Likes

For anyone who has a spare dollar or two Zac is fundraising for MS

8 Likes

■■■■■■■ hell. We get a weird perspective don’t we, criticising these guys week to week (more Jackson than Zach, but still), without the least idea what’s going on in their lives. Dean Bailey with cancer, Neale with MND, Mrs M with this.

Puts things into perspective, eh.

19 Likes

Plays one bad game, dishes out 12 tackles 30 possies the next

Mr Football

6 Likes

Yes. And JFTR, it’s normally the elder of the brood that takes on the most in the way of responsibility & pressure in such situations.

ZACKLES.

That rundown of the geelong player running inside their 50 was pure vintage Zach.

Was at his sublime best tonight. Hard tackling, elite disposal.

Would love him to kick more goals.

1 Like

He’s been good this year. ■■■■■■ helll what a player and that story makes it even more special of what he brings.

1 Like

vintage… haha. He’s a 21YO kid!!
goes to show how permastar he is

There are no good options once you start getting those symptoms. Just a few arguably less bad.

I think they’ll nail MS. Soonish. But not soon enough for many, unfortunately.

One of the girls I worked with (early 30s) had pretty much the same symptoms, and has gone back to the UK (despite having acquired Australian citizenship) to have family to rely on. She had a steady boyfriend but it’s a big ask to commit to someone with a degenerative disease. Thankfully Zac and Jackson’s dad stood up to the task.

1 Like

UK not a bad place for her. Hot weather exacerbates the problems. But also, there’s some promising research around reprogramming the immune system happening.

Anyway, ive taken things offtopic.

The kid is a jet footballer.

possession aren’t everything but…

zerret has 30+ in 13 of his last 16 games.

the other 3 were 25, 28 and 29.

freakshow athlete. runs runs runs, has amazing footy IQ and his legs can jump a gear when necessary.
oh and he is the best 20-40m corridor kick in the league.

just yeh

Hmmm, … on the basis of that, … I reckon we should keep him.

Going to be out of him and Joe for the Crichton again with Raz in the mix.

1 Like

Hurls and BJ the other two in the mix

1 Like

1 Like

Who is Ben Cunnington though?

1 Like