#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Yep.
Much like Fyfe and Dangerfield. The Brownlows are now decided by popularity and feel good stories.

1 Like

Hence why Bont will win it this year.

AFL won’t want Martin winning it.

One thing I noticed last night was that our hands around the ground were superior and top quality all night.

There were hardly any fumbles at all when in congested situations and there were a lot of great quick flicks and one touch handballs to get the ball outside to our runners in stride.

No surprise that this guy was the clear standout for this when watching live from the ground.

Just doesn’t make mistakes.

Bont…who?

1 Like

Yep, re-watched the game again before. The commentators said that Shiel went to him 5 mins into the 3rd. They also said he was up to 30 and on track for 50!!! The tag did slow zerret up but I think as a result Heppel got off the leash. We have to many good mids to tag. Go to one and the others will start racking them up.

He was elite last year, second only to danger fit disposals for Christ sake. The media collectively refused to acknowledge it(Healy being the exception). Hell even robbo could only squeeze him into his top 30 (or was he just outside).

3 Likes

Who cares what anyone but us and the club think

He’s awesome and he’s ours. That’s all that matters. Him, Heppell and parish. Finally 3 elite mids. Confident parish can get to their level too

15 Likes

Roos said on MMM that he would be pick 1 in that draft. Clarified it slightly by saying rather than having them in order he would definitely be in the top 5. He and Bont would definitely go 1 or 2 if that was redone. May sound biased but he is better than Cripps and Kelly (both of whom are great players as well)

We have a ■■■■■■■ beauty on our hands here

3 Likes

cough Watson cough

What a luxury!

Great crop that 2013 draft class and our two boys should be considered right up there:

1. Bont
  2. Zerrett
  3. Cripps
  4. Kelly
  5. Fantasia
  6. Lobb
  7. M Crouch
  8. Ben Brown
  9. Tom Boyd
  10. Aliir Aliir
  • Sheed, Billings, Kolodjashnij, Cam McCarthy, Zak Jones, Nankervis, Jayden Hunt are all good players and there are a couple of others who could well be ok.
3 Likes

And Fanta will win more games off his own boot than any of the others!!

This guys ability to take that difficult kick through traffic is amazing, better the Goddard I’d have to say

Great first half - heavily tagged by Robinson in the 2nd.

Had 17 in the first half then 15 in the second.

This is the sign he is something special, he just knows where to go and normally his skills are sublime. A few errant kicks tonight but all in all another probable 1 or 2 brownlow votes.

That play in the 3rd when he just willed himself to sprint, got the ball on the back half, kicked it to centre wing, got the hands back and kicked it to Watson at CHF who then kicked it to Daniher who goaled. This itself was MASSIVE - broke the stream of goals from Brisbane and this was down to Zerretts willingness to just run and run.

6 Likes

I think this also shows how effective shiel was at tagging him.

He’s our best player.

4 Likes

21 years old

That play in the third to Watson to Joe for goal kept us in it, is just everywhere

5 votes so far

1 Like

Will be recognised throughout this season as one of the premier mids in the comp, by the rest of the AFL world.

His work rate is above anyone else on the ground, and it’s clear to see even on tv.

Didn’t like his decision to kick to CHB at the end of the second quarter, which resulted in a goal on the siren. But ■■■■■■ hell, he doesn’t do much wrong!

By the end of his career I’d dare say he’ll be remembered as one of the best midfielders I’ve ever seen.

(Trying to) taking off the rose coloured glasses and all - I could very much see him winning a Brownlow by the end of his career, not just because he’s a very good midfielder but because of the way he plays. He accumulates a huge amount of possessions but he’s so damaging by foot that they aren’t cheapies. Most importantly, he controls a game in a similar fashion to a Vieira or Yaya Toure - he is absolutely everywhere and everything goes through him. He presents for the kick outs from defence, grabs the footy and then uses is well to a player in the centre. Then he runs past, grabs it again and plays the ball into F50.

He’s just so prominent. He’s exactly the sort of player Umpires would/will find it difficult not to notice.

2 Likes

Toure and Viera were destroyers that could play the ball. Not a good comparison.