#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Doesn't have a thread yet.

Wasn't too sure he was the best choice when we drafted him. Thought was a bit of a token family pick.

Super impressed with how he's played this year though! Silky skills on both sides, a nose for goal and goes in hard when it's his turn.

We might just have a gun on our hands.

I agree with him being our best player right now.

Kids special.

Thank goodness for this kid.

I get the feeling him and Heppell are going to be our next pair of “only good midfielders in the team”

Colyer.

I was thinking more of guys who’ll be at centre bounces, and I don’t think that’ll ever be Colyer’s thing. But yes, I like Colyer a lot.

In that case I’m with you. Definitely need to find someone else for this.

I get the feeling him and Heppell are going to be our next pair of “only good midfielders in the team”

Colyer.

I was thinking more of guys who’ll be at centre bounces, and I don’t think that’ll ever be Colyer’s thing. But yes, I like Colyer a lot.

Colyer.

Thankfully I didn’t get a new jumper with a new jumper. He wont replace Jetta or Solly for me but he will be supported by me at every game. And proud to don the #7.

Fabrically on the bandwagon

If I'm not mistaken Hawks were looking at taking Zac in the draft.

Thank ■■■■ they didn’t.

Would of been a good replacement for mitchell. Zac the little gun reminds me of a young sam mitchell. Slightly quicker but not as good off both feet yet.

ZACH MERRETT (Essendon) – One of Essendon’s brightest young stars was again outstanding with 36 possessions, seven clearances, five tackles and a goal. (AFL.com.au)
Merrett has consistently been one of Essendon’s best this year, and his performance against the Saints was no exception.

The youngster, who has been working closely with Chris Judd this season, also caught the attention of the AFL Coaches - receiving eight votes on the weekend.

Yeah, add another couple of mature mids around him plus another preseason and it may just free him up enough to start doing some fancy things more often that will get everyone’s attention and give us real periods of dominance through games. Not talking about having a close look at the Chas or anything like that.

Well, ok. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Not being exhausted from being the only guy smashing it out every week in the midfield will def help, but it’s not like he is using the footy badly.

AFL 360 showed some vision of a bombers training session just now and Edwards layed a heavy tackle on Zerrett. He got up very gingerly with some assistance from fantasia and then showed him leaving the track. can anyone at training confirm if it happened today?

Got a corcky the other day.

He’s fine.

I popped a few corckys myself the other day… could hardly walk afterwards.

Came good after about 3-days, or should that be’ 3 daze’.

Zach Merrett is a work of art, i’ve got his name tattooed in an arrow heart.

Zach Merrett is a work of art, i've got his name tattooed in an arrow heart.

He looks so perfect stand…wait, that’s creepy. Carry on!

I reckon one thing Zach could improve on is throwing the ball on to his boot. Quick, forward ball movement is great (it set JD up for that mark) but sometimes he just roosts it over his shoulder and it can be ineffective.

I reckon getting jobe and hepp back to play on the inside will help with this too

Reminds me of Daniel Kerr, without the horse tranquilizers and being locked up for setting for to someone’s house. Other than that, dead ringer.

1 Like
Reminds me of Zaka when he won the best and fairest.

except better, more polished by foot and much much better in the contest. Zaka probably has him covered overhead.

Would like to see zaka being more of a half fwd/mid than mid/half fwd when he gets back.

yep, him running into 50 is exciting

Reminds me of Zaka when he won the best and fairest.

except better, more polished by foot and much much better in the contest. Zaka probably has him covered overhead.

Would like to see zaka being more of a half fwd/mid than mid/half fwd when he gets back.

I found it interesting to see Zach telling Heppell what he thought should have happened after a breakdown of our play along the wing.

Then I think Hepp chased him up at quarter time to finish the analysis.

Just thought it was a really good sign by our future leaders.

I reckon one thing Zach could improve on is throwing the ball on to his boot. Quick, forward ball movement is great (it set JD up for that mark) but sometimes he just roosts it over his shoulder and it can be ineffective.

AFL 360 showed some vision of a bombers training session just now and Edwards layed a heavy tackle on Zerrett. He got up very gingerly with some assistance from fantasia and then showed him leaving the track. can anyone at training confirm if it happened today?

Got a corcky the other day.

He’s fine.