#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Apparently Essendon gonna bring someone in to get Merrett off according to talking footy. Woosha on as well.

Hope not. we cnt afford to lose him for 2.

Why the fark was tom Mitchell not farking cited for his high fend off/farking full blown elbow to the face of Corey farking Ellis which broke the carnts nose FFS you cheating farkin farkheads

We can’t afford to lose him for one. Will be surprised if they challenge though

1 Like

How can you even argue force at a tribunal? There are no clear lines on what constitutes medium, low or that the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

Melkshams force was apparently below what is required to constitute a reportable offence yet merretts is medium? Does not make sense.

2 Likes

Essendon should appeal and ask for two things. First ask for an independent doctor to assess the incident and get someone to analyse the force involved in the blow. That will clearly show what is medium impact, because honestly if that was medium impact what is low impact a tickle?

Second, get out every single punch similar this year and ask why there were classified differently.

Absolute bull sh$t from carlton (for the medical report) and afl (for the inconsistency of the mrp).

Also for those on here saying he deserved a week, get stuffed. It was actually two weeks! His good record got it down to a week. This is a contact sport that is played by men. What is a little love tap between friends in the heat of battle. The AFL needs to stop trying to purify the sport, instead they should focus on fixing the rolling maul and 36 players in one 50 metre area of the ground game style that has evolved. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE GAME NOT LITTLE JUMPER PUNCHES!!!

4 Likes

I’d love them to call a physicist to give evidence about speed and weight and force and energy transference etc. They’d Bamboozle the tribunal into letting him off

4 Likes

Not surprised. Still feel all & sundry will find a way to let him play with Raz already out.

Didn’t we hire Adrian Anderson to get Baguley off for a strike on some diving Saints flog?

The MRP assess with slow motion, a number of times, and deliberate over a period of time, all of which are entirely inconsistent with any given event.

We’re dealing with idiots, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Players decked out in load cells and accelerometers. Make it happen.

7 Likes

If Laverde ever goes up they will use the footage of Drago as evidence of his strength. Can’t gif sorry…
https://goo.gl/images/gdhkXP

1 Like

correct. dons hiring adrian for zac

1 Like

I am a physicist. I think if I gave evidence the afl would burn me at the stake, as they still believe the world is flat, and that god (gil) exists.

7 Likes

Farking bullshit. There is absolutely no way that was medium impact, none! Medical report is a joke too.

Hope they do challenge, we need him more this week than next. If we cant beat GC without him then we do not deserve to play finals.

1 Like

carlton desperately scrambling to punch the player where zach did so he gets a bruise in time for tomorrow.

14 Likes

That was a surprising rant from a physicist, I would have guessed garbologist, climate-change-denier or anti-vaxer, lol.

Personally I have no faith in the MRP or tribunal but I would still have given Merret a week for that, and if one of them had done it to one of us we’d expect the same.

I must say though, that thinking about when that prick from collingwood flattened Zach and could have done serious neck or head damage (and only got a week), the system really let Zach down so no wonder he tried to extract revenge himself.

Seriously needs to learn to be smarter, could cost him a Charlie one day.

Clearly some confusion in mrp about degree of impact.

Call Jeff Horn to give a reference low impact jab to mrp member.

Just another reason to dislike FC.

1 Like

It would be a grand scene if Zac got off :joy: