#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Melbourne play StK this week. Anything except a draw please.

1 Like

St Kilda beating Melbourne is best for us

Yep, if Melbourne lose, they’re pretty much done unless they smash Lions and Collingwood (to overtake us on percentage).

Ideally, I’d love for North to then upset the Saints. But I think it’ll come down to the Richmond game. Saints have to lose that.

So, did anyone get a clue from the replay why Zac did that?

Based on his previous behaviour its a totally uncharacteristic action for him.

Was he being tagged, If so by whom, did Plowman hit him, or another Essendon player?

Other teams have tagged him over the last 2-3 weeks, maybe more. If so, its a similar reaction to that of Zaharakis’s gut punch. I can see how constant niggling would get to a player.

I hope Zaharakis is ready to cop the tag this week, becausee he is next most susceptible.

Thinking outside the square, bring in Clark, and get him to wear Sloan like a glove. I reckon Clarks future is as a tagger. Contested animal , elite tank. Maybe not at Essendon though, because we dont tag.

1 Like

Sorry mate but bringing a kid into tag one of the best players in the comp is laughable. Players don’t just instantly become AFL taggers overnight. The only player we have had as a consistent tagger is Hocking.

There is more to running a successful tag then just following a player around all day. Like any skill, it takes time and a great deal of effort and experience to become successful at.

2 Likes

Isn’t that how he always looks?

3 Likes

G’day.

24 Likes

I was watching him beforehand and am pretty sure at one point, I saw him tackle someone, and then mash their head into the ground. At the time, I thought it was unusual. It may have been something someone said.

1 Like

Or one of them does win 3, but Bulldogs lose 2…which is quite possible.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve already made my plans for Friday…watching the Bulldogs vs GWS game and cheering GWS the entire game. Come on orange tsunami!! :pray:

1 Like

If we win, he will come back rested and firing.

The theory of not using a tagger sounds good.
"Team defence does not work if one midfielder is used as a tagger.

Right, and our midfield is working so well when we are not in possession of the ball.

I would suggest the following modification to that rule:

Try team defence in its purest form for 20 games, if it isn’t working change it to try to address its weaknesses in the context of the players available…

Came in as an almost 22 year old.

Bit different than a not even 19 year old.

1 Like

What a handsome devil.

6 Likes

Yep.

7 Likes

Far out he was ugly

He was not ugly, he was a sex-god. And you call yourself and Essendon supporter.

4 Likes

He’s probably a Richmond supporter, jealous that his precious Rance isn’t the hottest AFL player of all time.

Or even the best defender…

1 Like

No Zac, No midfield.

No Zac no Essendon

1 Like