#7 Zerrett in the beginning

He’s basically the only two way midfielder in our side and if you were in any doubt about that I hope your delusions were destroyed in the opening two minutes of tonight’s game where in their very first movement out of the backline they had about 3 mids 15 metres goal side of their opponents.

5 Likes

I’m expecting a huge game for Zach Saturday night.

38 touches
9 tackles
10 clearances
19 contested possesions
2 goals

The rest, the suspension, the need to win for finals is primed for Zach to have his best game.

4 Likes

GET THE FCK IN

Surely Zerrett is pretty close to an AA lock this year? AFL site doesn’t seem to think so.

He is for mine too.

Has slowed down a tad towards the end of the season. 2 big big games should lock it in for him.

No doubt someone like Pendles, Ablett or Bont will get in ahead of him though…

He was better last year tbh

because our glacial lumbering midfielders have forced him back into a sweeper role of sorts.

1 Like

this

instead of getting to him for a clearing kick that’ll more often than not hit somebody, they share it around till they get run down, happened so many times vs the crows

How good is this guy?

He was amazing both ways tonight.

You can tell that he really benefited from that week off.

1 Like

Yeah seemed to have got his spark back.

I thought it was one of his poorest games this year.

7 Likes

Yeah, … I noticed him, . but not like usual.

Wonder whether his drop in output is mental or physical?
3 possessions 1st quarter, 8 in the second and 12 for the rest of the game.
He can do a lot better than that.

Solomon said he was tagged hard by Miller.

1 Like

Played very well despite the hard tag.

Yes possessions are a tad down but he made every one of his count last night.

his tackles were back to Zackles best.

Will work hard over summer to beat the hard tag, needs to up his contested ball count and get to the 14-18 contested possessions a week, it’s much harder to get the outside ball if you have someone breathing down your neck all game.

His tackling technique is supreme. Very impressive.

Wasn’t his dominant self but his tackling and run with the ball were great again

He had a hard tag but still managed to lay some tackles that changed the momentum of the game at a couple of points. He may not have been his dominant self, but he worked hard all night.

61 disposals and 20 inside fifties between him and Zaharakis wasn’t a disaster… given the best inside fifty count this year by a Bomber was previously 8!

1 Like

Gave them an absolute paddlin’ today. Has played some very good games already in his short career so far, but that would have to be one of the best, or at least the most important game he has played

2 Likes