James Hird - survivor

Eh what do you expect? People are interested to hear what he does with himself.

The Age seem somwhat miffed that there was no mention at all of the saga in the podcast, thereby acheiving a reference to the saga, because The Age never fails to mention it in connection with James Hird.

Can stick a fork in the prospect of the next generation of Hird’s as father-sons going by that article

James Hird, still a class act. And dare I say, would be an asset to any organisation.

4 Likes

Very disappointed in the kids wanting to play soccer. A massive massive loss for the club. Imagine having a centre line of Hird - Hird - Hird!

But overall I’m glad him and the family seem to have found some peace

3 Likes

As much as I would love to see that centreline, I would actually prefer Hird juniors to be away from the spotlight the AFL would inevitably put on them. Unfortunately, I’ve lost all hope in humanity and it wouldn’t surprise me if the general public booed a Hird Jnr on the footy field. I hope that they are able to grow up as normal teenagers and young adults from here in.

11 Likes

I think the afl was a large factor in getting them on that career path.

5 Likes

They’ve been playing soccer for ages, and was always going to go this way.

2 Likes

I agree. Just that The Age doesn’t always portray that from anything other than a negative angle

Better they play soccer, The Hird family have given more to the AFL than most, They owe nothing more and are owed heaps.

I’d love to see a Hird line up for Victory.

3 Likes

Still a possibility one of the Hird boys makes the change from Soccer to AFL as a B-list rookie. But it seems unlikely and to be honest I don’t blame the boys. Having watched what afl did to their dad, they’ve only seen the lows of their dad’s career, not the highs.

9 Likes

Glad they are playing soccer. Imagine if they were recruited to Essendon and turned out like Jake Long clogging the list. Or worse, got traded and played for Carlton or Collingwood!

Can someone who is a subscriber to HS, please post the ‘Sheeds wants justice for Hird and Jobe’ if it’s a worthwhile article .

1 Like

There is an article posted in the Saga thread

2 Likes

Have a listen to the Sheedy episode of the ‘Sacked’ podcast.

He believes Hird is the best EFC coach since he left & still regards Jobe as a Brownlow winner.

9 Likes

He doesn’t have much competition though it must be said. Best of an average bunch imo

1 Like

As long as there wasn’t another serpent involved

Interesting rumour I heard yesterday from my brothers cousins step-fathers golf partners gardeners Filipino housemaid

Hardwick has sounded out Hirdy to replace Caracella at Tiggerland

Tom Browne please feel free to credit Rosa-Maria with this news

5 Likes

Bring in meat n potatoes

Also Lloyd