James Hird - survivor

A lot of reasons why I hope this is true, but most of all because it would send SWMNBN absolutely insane.

24 Likes

EIther she completely melts down or immediately changes her tune. Regardless of the outcome, we all get to have a bit of fun here on Blitz

6 Likes

Yes, who know with her… she has no shame. Remember when they thought Dusty might leave - she started to sink the boots in… then when he stayed he was a choir boy.

2 Likes

The sooner he comes back to our club in some capacity, the better for all concerned.

If Marion Pickett gets redemption as a convicted criminal, then James deserves no less.

3 Likes

Or, after Gale gets Gil’s job, Hird takes over as Richmond CEO.

That would be sensational if it happened.

Sounds like hes pretty happy in his current gig working in the soccer world. maybe Dimma with some initial inquiries.

Thanks Fog, just wonderful to watch that again.

How many Brownlow vote James get?

1 Like

The day David King copped a huge spray from Essendon coach James Hird

By SEN

Former North Melbourne premiership player and Fox Footy commentator David King has revealed his most awkward moment working the boundary line at a footy game.

With King looking to get a medical update on Essendon star Dyson Heppell at half-time of a game, he found himself trapped in the Bombers’ change rooms at the worst possible moment.

“I don’t mind (going into the rooms) post-game because it’s done. Yes, you can be angry, you can be upset, but you wear what you wear and you move on,” he told SEN’s Whateley.

“Just before half-time at a game at Etihad a couple of years ago, Dyson Heppell rolled his ankle pretty bad and it was right on half-time.

“So the producer down the earpiece says ‘listen, you’re going to have to go into the Essendon rooms, see how you go we need to know whether he’s going to come back on or not’.

“A significant player, I’m not sure whether he was captain or not at that stage, but let’s just say he was captain.

“So I get into the rooms and there is no one there. You know when there’s no one else there but the players, the coaches and the medical staff, you’re in the wrong spot … but you’ve got to get an answer.

“Steven Alessio was the footy manager at that stage and I asked him if he could get anything from the doctors for me so that I can report back, just anything.

“Anyway, he ducked off into the medical room. As he did that, James Hird came out of the coaches’ room and started berating the players and that’s when you know you’re in the wrong spot.

“And I’m trying not to look, I’m trying to hide, you know how you put your hands over your eyes and say no one can see me? I was doing that.

“Then from nowhere Hirdy did the same thing and he gave it to me ‘get out, what are you so-and-so’s doing here’ and you just put your hand up and walk out.

“They ended up winning that game and at about midnight my phone rang. ‘Geez I was a bit hard on you at half-time’.

“I thought that was fantastic for Hirdy to ring and have a laugh. We are in their space, it’s a different environment, isn’t it?”

13 Likes

Just shows what a class act Hird is.

To actually ring King and basically apologise was classy if that was Clarko he wouldn’t even bother and be like fck him

17 Likes

Fixed

12 Likes

So, which game was this?

• Heppell rolled ankle

• midnight phone call from Hird, so probably a night game

• Foxtel broadcast game, so probably the second Saturday night game

• Heppell maybe captain, so probably 2015. Maybe 2013.

• We won, so maybe not 2015. Were possibly losing at half time.

If 2015, it would had to be the game against St Kilda when we stunk it up but scraped in after a Colyer goal. Was a 4:40pm Sunday game, so a late night call from Hird checks out.

2 Likes

Reading about what a complete legend Hirdy was, is, and always will be, beats the crap out of reading the covid-we-are-all-farked thread.

8 Likes

The team responded and won after coping a spray at HT from Hird funny that.

Reckon Woosh has not once given the team a spray when they played badly

What game was this btw?
Il Estonia it…

Legend. No other way of putting it.

1 Like
13 Likes

“Cometh the hour, cometh the man…and then the AFL and WADA stole the clock!”
I’ve been fortunate enough to see all the greats at Essendon, and James doesn’t stand in the shadows of any of them.
It beggars belief how he was treated and that such a great champion of this game went close to ending his life as a consequence of his treatment.

33 Likes