#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Has #1 why go #5? Save it for the guy we read out this draft.

3 Likes

No way.

1. Harvs will have him doing pushups till the early morn.
  2. Letā€™s have a long hard think b4 handing out the 5 again. Not a slight on stants but he aint no TD or Hirdy. Keep it for mfletch. Will love him even if heā€™s a flop.

Primarily because thatā€™s his junior number? Or am I wrong?

You donā€™t think Fletch lives will take #31?

nah, similarly to Jobe who started a short period after his legendary father retired, I doubt Mason will take his fatherā€™s number. lots of baggage without the extra pressureā€¦

I could not be happier about the way this bloke has gone this year.

2 Likes

Or he could have not turned it over in the first place?

I like the kid, but if it was any other player turning the ball over like that in the first qtr, the focus in this place would be on him being a ā€œturnover merchantā€, not the fact he kept Eddie goalless.

Itā€™s a fair point. People wanted Conor delisted earlier in the year for every 50/50 he lost and target he missed

2 Likes

I wanted him delisted first before everyone else thought it was cool.

2 Likes

Rising star? This kid is already ahead of every player** we drafted from 2014 on. Absolute gun.
**Apologies to Darcy,

Comparatively I agree.

But if he reached 95% Zerret status then Iā€™m excited.

Christ. Kid made errors. Kid made up for them in spades.

2 Likes

Just keeping the lid on

1 Like

When they mention how well McGrath is going and how he should win, but still talk about how good Burton has been regardless of the fact he had an extra year worth of development, you know Burton will get it.

1 Like

Looked damn good in the middle when they ran him through there during the second half.

Thats not necessarily true, he had ā– ā– ā– ā–  all draft year with a horrific leg break.

Puts on a hundred metre sprint to block for irish in the forwardline.

1st year player.

He will captain one day.

12 Likes

Feel bad for Zerret.

He should be our captain but he isnā€™t. And now never will be.

And Andy McGrath should be instated as Captain as soon as reasonably possible (even unreasonably). He is a winner, he takes his team with him AND WINS. He has the greatest temperament, competitiveness, and inner determination of any teenager I have ever seen play. Iā€™m not exaggerating. He is number 1 in all those.

Make him the 2019 Premiership Captain.

1 Like

Merrett will be our next captain, no doubt about it. Heppell will hold it for a few more years and then Merrett will take it when heā€™s around 26/27

1 Like

Hepp is 25, Zach will be 22 this year and McGrath is 19 so there is still plenty of time for both of the latter to get a run.

2 Likes