#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Corey finished playing in 2004, Andy moved to Aust in 2003 from Canada at age 5. Maybe Andy is taking Smack at face value and not trying to compare him to his older bro.

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong I love Andy.

But he is a weird unit and not your typical footy nerd.

In fact, I reckon he is one of those guys that would watch little footy.

Kind of a complement. I like individuals

I agree as I also think he watches minimal games, but I reckon he studies individual efforts. He seems to very hungry to be better so I reckon thatā€™s how he learns/improves his craft.

1 Like

Smart kid. Donā€™t hold growing up in Canada against him.

1 Like

I think considering the age difference between Corey and Shaun a lot of people wouldnā€™t know they are brothers, I certainly didnā€™t know until Shaun came to Tulla

1 Like

Wha???

2 Likes

Heā€™s the most exciting ā€œkidā€ we have. Probably what a number 1 pick mid should be but hey, it is working. Being around Zerrett, Shiel and the main mid guys is going to be a massive development of his abilities. I reckon weā€™re going to see the beginnings of some amazing stuff from Pidge this season.

1 Like

pffftā€¦listen to johnny come lately hereā€¦

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with revisiting fertile ground.

1 Like

Would love to see Andy be given a run-with role on the the seagull Sidebottom.

Heā€™s too valuable to put in a negative role. We need him in the middle setting things up

I agree with this, he can play him head to head with a defensive focus and when he beats him in the contest bust away for attacking against him. Andy would have him cooked on the breakaway, too quick for Sidebottom.

He is actually quite clever around the goals and has a good goal sense. After everyone was missing those easy set shots I did comment to my wife when Andy lined up that he would kick it. Donā€™t mind seeing him push up there from time to time

3 Likes

I agree, I wouldnā€™t want him playing a hard tag. Frontbottom always kills us because we let him run around unchecked, Iā€™d back McGrath in being able to hold him accountable defensively and when the ball goes forward to kick a couple as Steal isnā€™t much of a defender, preferring to sit in the defensive goal square.

why does he look so slow whenever around the ball I literally donā€™t understand it.

wasnā€™t he a hurdles champion or something?

He is a long distance runner, it is why he runs out games very well. I expect his second half, like all games this year, will be a far better because his opponent will tire.

1 Like

Needs a big final term

He had a poor game today.

2 Likes

needs to learn how to tackle properly and not just stick an arm out
did it at least twice that last qtr

1 Like

Love him but really gets bullied off the ball sometimes