#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

His handballs are amazing, there is no arc they travel straight like a javelin

6 Likes

Ive been a bit lid on with this kid just because you lot have been jizzing over him for just getting off a handball.

Last night he confirmed for me that he is elite, through his vision, not just taking the first option, running it himself, knowing when to give off, staying in the contest, taking clean possession from ground level or poor bounces etc, repeat efforts, it was the whole package.

Ive seen all of those signs earlier in the season but he put it all together laet night.

Legit. We can relax, and add him to the pile of Zerret, Raz, Joe, Parish, Hook, Hurl, Tipp, Hepp, Godd.

2 Likes

Pretty much this, but Iā€™ll just add, he has the amazing ability to stop and change direction on a thrupenny bit.

Good on him. Couldnā€™t be easy carrying the number one draft pick title, but so far heā€™s worthy of the prestige.

Was thinking this too what a gun. Pretty much Dustin Martin clone in his first season. If only he lasted till our second pick we would be calling it our best draft ever.

Was reminded this game that he can take really big grabs with his leap, gets up there.

If only SPP could kick with reasonable accuracy. Theres areason dusty was a top 5 draft pick and SPP went in the 20s.

2 Likes

I reckon his disposal is pretty good. Not on dustys level but few are.

Please this guy is hardly going to improve, Ridley whoā€™s body is a mile off it was close to best on in the VFLā€¦I know who I want long term

1 Like

Heā€™s not saying we picked wrong. Just who he wanted to last.

I was praying to all gods we got olly florent.

3 Likes

Heā€™s saying if Powell Pepper had lasted until our second pick we would be calling it our best draft everā€¦if SPP lasts until our second pick and we chose him then that means we donā€™t get Ridley, and Iā€™m saying that makes our draft worse

Yeah sorry youā€™re right. 2013 is by far though

Really? Zero impact whatsoever. Had a heap of it in the last, when it was the junkiest of junk time.

7 Likes

If anyone can cop it on the chin, itā€™s probably him

4 Likes

My son is meeting up with Andy tomorrow. Any messages youā€™d like passed on?

I donā€™t really pay attention to other teams unless they are playing EFC - how is McCluggage travelling?

Oh god no

1 Like

He had 1 disposal at half time and 3 at 3 quarter time. He was ā– ā– ā– ā–  for 75% of the game.

4 Likes

If you saw the game on TV Basil kept calling his name when other players the the ball, so he had a good game in the eyes of the commentators.

7 Likes

He couldnā€™t tell Wingard and spp apart

2 Likes

Pretty sure he referred to Raz as ā€œthe best & fairest winnerā€ at one stage; maybe he meant at junior level, but I think it was just another one of his usual umpteen errors.
Quality!!

4 Likes