#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

[quote=“GuzzLG, post:2026, topic:3760, full:true”]

w/e they know about not going down with the ship.

Kid is an uphill skier, when the going gets tough- he lifts.
Congrats.

10 Likes

Future captain.

2 Likes

Throw him into mid rotations as we need his speed. SPS And SPP are playing midfield. SPS is no bigger than McGrath…taller yes but no stronger. He’s19 not 12 so throw him in there. Hunts the ball and has speeeeed!

2 Likes

OK, yes, but this week he will have to do a crash course with the midfield group, and rove some Leuenberger tapouts, and maybe even some TBell ones, so he learns how to shark the opposing ruckman.
Its not so simple. But that doesnt mean he isnt fast, and it doesnt mean he is not a fast learner.

A crash course with our least performing faction in the team?

1 Like

See the way he took down Sloane the other night, no problem at all.

2 Likes

The good news is it wasn’t a jakey carlisle ‘fucken ■■■■ club’ dummy spit though.

1 Like

From Scotty’s review of the Crows game.

He’s had an excellent start to the season. He’s shown real poise with ball in hand and because of his athletic profile he looks a player who could hold down a small defender role for a long time. Now I know he’s going to go in to the midfield sooner rather than later, but right now I think we’ve seen some small forwards get on top of Essendon. So with him down there I think we’ll see as the year goes on he’ll play on that number one small forward from the opposition. Which is a great credit to him. His form’s been excellent he looks really confident in his footy and he’s fitted in well to the group. Which is all you want from a first year player.

One of those players that you feel confident he will do the right thing with the footy when he gets it. His run and bounce and carry of the footy was great to watch. His delivery to our forwards has been great and his kicks are beautifully weighted. As his confidence grows I think we will see more of taking on the opposition and burning them off.

He could have had his first goal last week, but I hope to see it on ANZAC Day after a run and a couple of bounces down the wing.

6 Likes

I love the way he speaks, he’s going to be a leader at the club for many years to come!

5 Likes

McGrath like Darcy, Zerrett and Hepp are just the kinda blokes you want playing for your footy club.

Future is exciting and this year needs be held in perspective.

I remember when the Saints lost Loewe, Bourke and the great Robert Harvey and it seemed all over. Nobody realised it was Hayes, Riewoldt and Goddard etc that was gonna get them into GF’s.

Same with us.

People will think we need to strike while we have Goddard, Watson etc… Sadly they will miss. They wont be forgotten though.

3 Likes

Why hasn’t he re-signed yet FFS?

Connors.

Thanks for the reminder to never care about him.

5 Likes

He’s gone.

4 Likes

Reputation shot.

3 Likes

I’m still hurting over Ryder, your probably the same.

we need to sign him for at least 10 years, soon. Dont need any more Judas

Not that he has put the ball to boot too much over last few games but I have to say when he has it’s been impressive and he has hit targets many in our team couldn’t.

His kicking was meant to be an issue but hasn’t appeared to be thus far.

It wasn’t an issue.

it was more it wasn’t the weapon some of the other top talents had.

3 Likes