#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Sportsbet got Pidgeon at $6 for RS.

Worth a punt?

ā€œDons fans if you like a punt then this ones for you!ā€

I actually hope he does start on the wing. Really think his pace and decision making could worry Pies

1 Like

Can someone GIF that LIGHTNING handball vs Adelaide? You know the one. It was innocuous and not under much pressure but he took the footy on the receive and handballed all in aboutā€¦ 1/4 of a second? My brother and I both independently went ā€œWHOAā€. I havenā€™t ever seen that from anyone.

3 Likes

I donā€™t reckon Kav was that far off it. Nice size, really good hands, reasonable pace and change of direction.
Just not hard enough at the contest or consistent enough defensively.

3 Likes

Donā€™t remember his hands being particularly good, he barely got the footy to evaluate - I just donā€™t think he impacted much of any game in any meaningful way. To me he may have had a bit of the Jackson Merretts - not enough belief/killer instinct/enough of the right attitude to make it at the elite level.

Freo 2013 had several key involvements that lead to goals.

And a ****ing important goal himself too

Yeah no doubt that was his best game. Reckon his second best game was a fair way below that though.

1 Like

He was on track the following week against brisbane when sauce merrett just poleaxed him.

1 Like

Iā€™d play him in Sidebottom for the game.

Fast enough to run him down if he cheats a bit and attacking enough to make Sidebottom think twice about cheating.

Uh huh

6 Likes

ONā€¦ oops

Yeah, outed, man. No need to backtrack now. Itā€™s all good. Nothing wrong with it. and so on.

2 Likes

Whoa!

Atleast buy him some flowers/chocolates or something first maybe. Or perhaps dinner and some fine wine.

Sheesh, blitzers/kids these days, always in a hurry.

7 Likes

amazing how in his 5th game I feel so assured when the ballā€™s in his hands, trust his decision making and execution. has fit in to the team and AFL-level seamlessly. looks that the other boys trust him completely too.

4 Likes

Is now equal fav to win the rising star

3 Likes

Heā€™s already up there as one of our most reliable with ball in hand and overall clean hands. I never cringe when the ball goes near McGrath, Zerrett, Fantasia.

13 Likes

Give him a 10 year contract

7 Likes

Another great game.

4 Likes