#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Great debut by young Andy. I’m glad Dodoro doesn’t take notice of some of you Bomberblitz so called experts out there. His debut was just as good as young Parish last year. He should be nominated as Round one rising star this week.

1 Like

I think that’s worthy of a round 1 nomination but I reckon Pepper Pig from Port might get a bit of attention too.

Meh if he gets RS this week or next week… he will get one for sure.

Think we all saw enough to know that he is the real deal. Doesn’t need to be a star this year… can just go about his business and learn from those around him.

Watch out in 2019… parish, McGrath, Zerrett, Heppell… delivering to Franga, Daniher with Fanta and Walla at the feet… fark… excuse me while I go wipe off the drool.

6 Likes

Thought he was very cool under pressure and didn’t back off one bit. We got one for sure :red_circle::black_circle:️:red_circle::black_circle:

1 Like

Didn’t stand out, which is exactly what you want (Mills, Heppell debuts for example). Just looked like he was meant to be there.

Best handballer in our side too, it’s a thing of beauty!

2 Likes

The Wanganeen comparison is getting more apt the more I see of him.

He is a classy little unit, I’m very, very happy with him.

10 Likes

Can’t fault his display. Not only played a defensively responsible game, but when he had ball in hand did the right thing and also was prepared to pull the trigger with some of his kicks. Very tough as well, didn’t shirk the issue. Well played!

1 Like

Gibson got him. Ran past the contest and gave him a bump will be looked at and hopefully gets a few weeks.

First word that came to mind when thinking about his game was ‘composed’, so wasn’t surprised to see a few already on here describing him in the same vein.

Looks like he belongs, right from the outset.

1 Like

Star in the making. Had a no fuss performance and looked like he just belonged. And geez was he composed in the clutch moments.

Not sure I saw the same game as others. Thought he was destroyed in the ruck, 0 hitouts. Starting to become a real concern!

4 Likes

I’ll just say the same as everyone else.

We have a player.

That will come. I heard one of the coaches say in time he is headed for the midfield.

MG is my nickname for him, just like the sports car plenty of style and grunt.

Should be for machine gun, because his hands are that farking rapid fire.

Loved it. Also loved when he was getting the ball and going for a run hitting targets. That we didn’t see much of in the JLT. But that’s fine because they were trying to teach him two way running and learn to defend. As woosha said, he’s already got the atracking traits, we’re teaching him to be more defensive and ones hes got that under his arms he will combine quite nicely, and it’s starting to show.

Not sure about comparisons to Heppell. I made them before this year, said that he’d just slot in and be unoffensive for a year the same way Heppell was before growing into a positive influence. Reckon he’s better than that. Actually did some pretty fkn good positive things last night.

Will be fascinated to see him go from here.

1 Like

LOL at half the forum that wanted him in the VFL.

A better debut than Hepp or Parish

4 Likes

I thought he was fantastic all night. Ran to the right spots, was calm and composed, linked up perfectly and disposed of it well. Very impressive.

The media love him. He is a gun, but they’ve been fapping over him since the start of the JLT series.

1 Like

I think people forget just how good Heppell was in his first season. Wasnt he 5th or so in the BnF? He was contributing very strongly right from the get go

2 Likes