#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Boasts an impressive amount of chin.

6 Likes

Heā€™s a rare type this boy - heā€™s that kid that was good at every single thing he turned his hand to at school, yet whilst being a humble, grounded good kid at the same time.

Future captain Iā€™d reckon is all but a certainty.

3 Likes

Living evidence that Luke Beverage had a romantic liaison with his old lady

1 Like

Had someone else tell me he looked like Bevo and I didnā€™t see it.

1 Like

Watching EJ game, he has some resemblance of Scott West the way he plays

I feel the same way about him as I did Hurls in his first year.

Just stay away from the Footy Show grand final show and if you do go, get an Uber (straight) home.

1 Like

Or didnā€™t want to see it.

I went to school with someone like that. Eventually he came up against a more global competition and I realized he was not that good after all.
He did end up marrying a stunning girl. Thatā€™s not going to get him or a premiership though.

Congrats to Andy, but also hats off to Jacketsā€¦ worthy #1 pick that has exceeded expectations (which is hard given it is such a rare prize for EFC!!)

Alongside our three AA playersā€¦ you can now safely safe that we have enough true A grade talent to be a serious contender over the next 5 years.

Iā€™m super excited about seeing McGrath develop further and I donā€™t think he is going anywhere. Connors will push the $$ but the kid seems to love the club and I think we will lock him in to a long term deal.

The thought of a midfield rotation of McGrath, Parish, Heppell, Zerrett, Zaharakis, Fantasia, Walla droooooooooooool. That is 7 genuine, proven ā€œA-gradeā€ level players imhoā€¦ plus you add JD and Hurley at either endā€¦ possibly Hooker too and you realise we are really building something special in this list.

Fark and to think of the bad days when we were discussing whether Dyson or Howlett was the better 4th option!! eeek.

1 Like

Itā€™s the new hair

Now that kinda talk just leads to mediocrity. wipe the slate, sack dodo, play the kids, mids mids mids, hooker back, carlisle back, trucks trucks everywhere fumbling midget trucks ā– ā– ā– ā–  the board droopy sash and sheddy

4 Likes

You need help mate :joy: Youā€™re losing it of late.

When you try too hard to parodyā€¦

5 Likes

He seems the type you could lock on a long term deal and know he wont drop the ball on his training amd standards required.

Fkn gun. Well and truly shown his pick one status worthy

I thought he was good today. His style of playing stands up in finals, Those quick handballs got us free from the congestion a few times.

3 Likes

He tried his heart out today the poor bugger.

I think the most disheartening thing to watch is to see the likes of Andy, Begley, McKenna, Parish and Marty try their guts out all afternoon, despite getting very little reward for effort.

They would then look up and see the like of Heppell, Hurley, Bellchambers, Baguley, Myers and dare I say itā€¦ Jobe, look like they are neither here nor there, lackadasically jogging around barely putting in an effort in any facet of the game.

How are these kids expected to buck the trend when these guys are consistently doing the same things, over and over again, year in and year out where they simply donā€™t turn up for a lot of games.

Today wasnā€™t an experience or talent issue, it was an effort and work rate issue, plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less.

Do you know how I know that?

Because all of our best players on the ground today were under the age of 24 and most of them under the age of 21.

The time for sentiment has passed and the broom needs to be brought in.

Anyway, well done today Andy and congratulations on the amazing year you have had and I canā€™t wait to continue to see you improve for years to come and hopefully you continue to strive for and provide such high standards throughout your career, unlike a lot of the ā€œleadersā€ that surrounded you this afternoon.

Good lad.

7 Likes

This guy is the perfect example of what we are lacking - top end talent through the midfield.

Did you notice how his hands and skills were so clean under pressure?

Thatā€™s the difference between us and the top sides.

Top sides have midfielders who have enough skill to do well under pressure. We donā€™t have any except for zerrett, parish and mcgrath.

6 Likes

Dodoro has a massive job to find players like that if he cant do it then get some one else who can,

Dodoro has mate. But the coaches are not developing the kids. Weā€™ve got a good bunch if kids and weā€™ve lost ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good players so donā€™t blame the recruiters. Theyā€™ve kept the club going.

1 Like

I actually think we donā€™t have a problem with developing players.

Donā€™t get me wrong Dodoro has done a good job with what heā€™s been dealt with but results speak for them selfā€™s we havenā€™t won a final in 13 years heā€™s part responsible for it imo.