#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Imagine editing the article.

2 Likes

Imagine not reading it after copying on the phone.

I can imagine that.

Love how McGrath refers to Francis as a kid.

6 Likes

Yep.

McGrath 2/6/98
Francis 10/8/97

:grinning:

He is the cashmere of leadership material.

2 Likes

I love it when thereā€™s a fight and McGrath steps in all adult like and calms everyone down.

4 Likes

Wut

Parish, Francis and McGrath will be the future of the team, if they learn from days like today.

I hope they all doing individual reviews not just about where they stood or how far they ran, but importantly - how they approached the contests in a hot game at the MCG.

They were all down this week compared to last, and personally I thought Andy looked up a few times before cracking in.

Donā€™t think it does Andy any favours to pretend McCluggage is inferior either - right now heā€™s delivering just as much, if not more and it should be driving McGrath to have a big offseason and work on some of his deficiencies.

2 Likes

All the happy clappers on here banging on about what a star this undersized, well spoken kid is going to be.
How frustrating is it to see Clug getting another 25+ 3 goal game in a bottom 4 team.
Thanks Dodoro, you picked a great person over a serious talent with pick 1.

Had a poor game, but the kid is class- he just needs time.

1 Like

Gawd, there are some flogs here.

27 Likes

Yeh whatā€™s your excuse ? Just continue to sit back in your armchair and wait for someone to slip up on a post so you can take a pot shot and feel good about yourself.

1 Like

God forbid a young player has a quiet game. Be prepared to be sniped at any slip up.
Heā€™s had some very solid games the last few weeks.

3 Likes

Capture
looks pretty similar even though McGrath is mid/back and Clug mid/fwd

1 Like

He has so much class but his role is terrible. He just runs up and down a wing. Unless youā€™re brad hill or Isaac smith that role is probably as hard as it gets in terms of knowing how to impact the game. Iā€™d rather he play off the back flank or in the guts. Needs to play inside mid imo in order to improve his tackling and contested game. Nothing to lose now, chuck him in the middle for the last 3 games. His development has been horribly handled, much like a lot of our young players

4 Likes

Huge season coming up next year shake off any second year blues, heā€™ll put on a couple kilos aswell.

Beast of a player will come into his own when he breaks 50 games

Hell be fine. Does need to clean up his kicking though.

A few being a bit harsh on Andy.

He has added a few extra strings to his bow this year even if hasnā€™t had as much impact as he did last year.

This year was always about finding that confidence to make plays and have more attacking impetus and over the past 6 weeks he has been doing that.

This kid will be turning over every stone in the preseason to elevate his game and I have no doubt he will do it.

1 Like

Today in so many ways says McG is a game winner from the back pocket.

We got obliterated for lack of an intelligent pacy small rebounding running defender, someone who will cut off balls and chase down men in the backline.

McG shouldā€™ve gone back in the 2nd qtr, and I think we should play him downback as a replacement for Dea again if he ever misses, because we are lacking a mid sized classy player back there who can actually defend. Guelfi was this guy but the lack of him and Dea really cost us. Also add Gleeson to that list.

1 Like