Former #1 Pig Hibberd

I don’t understand how a manager is able to come out and declare what trade value a player is worth?

I don't understand how a manager is able to come out and declare what trade value a player is worth?

The West Coast website yesterday published an article about chasing Hogan who is contracted. Everything is allowed. Nothing is forbidden.

I don't understand how a manager is able to come out and declare what trade value a player is worth?

The West Coast website yesterday published an article about chasing Hogan who is contracted. Everything is allowed. Nothing is forbidden.

I’ve heard there are some fruit that are forbidden. Is this true?

Thanks for your services, Pig.

I’d prefer pick 26.

Nice backhander from Connors to Melksham. Deadset flog.

Thought hibbo spoke well, i have no problem with him whatsoever.

The two clubs will already have a trade worked out imo. Take the 2nd rounder and move onto what we do with it.

26 is fair and reasonable. We need to start repairing our reputation as being difficult to deal with and by letting this happen, which in the eyes of most is a fair trade, it would be a good start

26 is fair and reasonable. We need to start repairing our reputation as being difficult to deal with and by letting this happen, which in the eyes of most is a fair trade, it would be a good start

Why do we have to repair a reputation that is actually someone else’s fabrication? Take 26, but ■■■■ bending over just because others perpetuate a myth.

Not saying we bend over, I think the general consensus is 26 is a fair trade so we should do it.

My comment regarding us needing to repair the reputation of being difficult to trade with is so clubs will be more willing to deal with us in the future, which will help us to start landing some of the trade targets we want. It is on record that other clubs don’t like dealing with us come trade time because of the way we have gone about things in the past, no secret there

Malthouse on SEN this morning, talking about how some player managers have far too much influence on their clients day to day, with some players consulting them on what they should do regarding their day to day football decisions. He referred to some of them as “skunks” which you have to be careful with, because if the coach can get one player to go against his manager’s advice there may be another 6 on his books in your team who they can turn against you.

Sounds a lot like the Connors scenario, and makes me think of JOM in particular, jacking up on Bluey at GC and playing games with us to get to Hawthorn. I would think with all the problems we’ve had with him, we must have had a fair bit of conflict with him and he won’t stop paying out on us any time soon.

Was turning into Mcphee anyway
started off great as did Mcphee and then slowly turned into a scania

Not saying we bend over, I think the general consensus is 26 is a fair trade so we should do it.

My comment regarding us needing to repair the reputation of being difficult to trade with is so clubs will be more willing to deal with us in the future, which will help us to start landing some of the trade targets we want. It is on record that other clubs don’t like dealing with us come trade time because of the way we have gone about things in the past, no secret there

Agreed get this deal done first day of trade week.
then we can use pick 26 in future trade for 2016.

Yeah Take the 26 it seems about right.

There is swings and round abouts on these deals. Some trades you win and some trades you lose.

We lost on Ryder
We won on Carlisle and Melksham
We break about even (maybe lose a little) on Hibberd. Lets not quibble.

There is swings and round abouts on these deals. Some trades you win and some trades you lose.

We lost on Ryder

Yep.
Although I’d almost argue we ended up breaking even with Ryder thanks to getting Leuey for free, but in terms of the actual trade itself you’re right, we definitely received unders

We lost on Ryder

We won Crameri because Merrett is proven
Ryder is yet to be decided as Langford is developing
Lovett we won getting Carlisle but now it’s yet to be decided as Francis is developing
Melksham is yet to be decided as Redman is developing
Jenkins we lost big time.

Happy to sit back and wait a couple of years while Francis, Langford and Redman develop.

OUT
Jenkins
Ryder
Crameri
Gumbleton
Carlisle
Hibberd

IN
J Merrett
Langford
Z Merrett
Fantasia
Francis

I know which list looks better at this stage and it’s not the in list.

We lost on Ryder

We won Crameri because Merrett is proven
Ryder is yet to be decided as Langford is developing
Lovett we won getting Carlisle but now it’s yet to be decided as Francis is developing
Melksham is yet to be decided as Redman is developing
Jenkins we lost big time.

Happy to sit back and wait a couple of years while Francis, Langford and Redman develop.

But getting Jackson Merrett (Jenkins trade) may have lead to us getting (Zach Merrett) Knowing the family and all ( Crameri trade)
Jenkins, Crameri
J Merrett & Z Merrett

Given what a superstar Zach Merrett is I would say we are still in front just.
Jackson would want to pull his finger out in his last contracted year though to stay on the list.

OUT Jenkins Ryder Crameri Carlisle Hibberd

IN
J Merrett
Langford
Z Merrett
Francis

I know which list looks better at this stage and it’s not the in list.

To be blunt the fact we only lost these 5 guys is your massive win.

We lost on the Crameri trade. 25 was massive unders for Crameri.

We used the pick well in getting Zach Merrett but that was good drafting not a win at the trade table

Forgot Gumbleton for Fantasia, makes it look a little more respectable.

Jaws should stay out of trade negotiations. Your player has made his request/feelings known, now fark off and let the clubs work it out.

EFC are already positioning themselves for pick 26, by saying he’s worth an early second, it’s easy to accept the deal in good faith. If we say 26 is about right, we get screwed and end up with Melb’s third.

Also geez picks are way overvalued by some. "Oh my gerd we git mahsiv overz/underz fer ". Outside of obvious first round talent most trades are fluff anyway.

I don’t think we got massive overs for Melk. He could play a bit and is still young, while he doesn’t walk into a top 4 side, he easily starts at a lot of other clubs.

Hell he’d probably be in the mix for a BnF at Fark Carlton.

A player manager should stay out of negotiations about the player he manages?

Removing the emotion & special circumstances of the saga, then yes.

He can negotiate the financial aspects and the players monetary worth as much as likes, he can shout it from the rooftops for all I care.

But he has absolutely no farking say, and should not be trying to drive down the value, of a players trade worth.

It’s laughable, and there really should be rules in place to prevent this kind of thing being openly used as a tactic as it is basically draft tampering. “My player is worth $8 million over 5 years and we have an iron clad offer on the table, but oh gee he is only worth an 11th round pick in the actual trade”.