10 Favourite Albums Ever - IN ORDER

How the hell did Carol King get in that lot?

My love for Carole knows no boundarys.

2 Likes

Ok, in that case I offer you a tramadol, a bourbon and a pumice stone

It’s a good album by a supremely talented woman :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Close enough…I’ll take it!

1 Like

Hate is everything you think it is.
N Young

Pinkerton was definitely one for the high school years. But when I first heard Blue…gee pop perfection. The one-two punch to finish of Holiday/Only In Dreams (what a build up)…Say It Ain’t So may be my favourite song ever…think they got back there with the white album, but between and after it’s been a rocky relationship to say the least

3 Likes

So many awesome memories and so many new things to listen to.

Thanks Blitz!

■■■■ the footy, this is where it’s at!

1 Like

Pssst…you need to get yourself to the DJ thread…

1 Like

Have you discussed this with Mrs decky?

The last bit?
Yep.
Though - she keeps mixing it up, so I’ll probably have ABBA playing at my funeral or something.

2 Likes

Dancing Queen? Yeah the last bit lol.

2 Likes

hahahahaha!!! Yes!
Would be just like her, actually.

2 Likes

Some absolutely cracking selections thus far - very impressed.

I will throw down my best effort.

1. Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
  2. A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
  3. Karnivool - Themata
  4. Faith No More - Angeldust
  5. QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
  6. Paul Simon - Graceland
  7. Soundgarden - Superunknown
  8. Tool - Aenima
  9. The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre
  10. Alice In Chains - Dirt
8 Likes

“Miles Davis, In a Silent Way”
Joe Zawinul would want some credit for this, but Miles wasn’t the type to give it.
All the same it probably, possibly, was the beginning of fusion, not sure if that was good or bad but it is a fine album.
Still I reckon ■■■■■■■ Brew beats it, in a developed print

1 Like

The Blue Album is clearly a better album, but when it comes to favourites… That can sometimes just be about place and time.

Pinkerton hit me in the emotions when it first came out, whereas I had to go back to The Blue Album a few years later to get the full appreciation.

1 Like

Ok, after receiving some interesting feedback today, I’ve had a rethink and redone my list, changing some so now they’re all ones that have ruled my life at different times and if I play them now still get me going or have even gotten better with time. A more honest list perhaps, not just classics I think I like more than perhaps I really do.

Ideally I’d have a couple of compilations, nothing beats “Substance 1987” and “Eponymous”. But anyway, no more changes, let’s lock these in and shut up:

1. Pixies - Doolittle
  2. Gang Of Four - Entertainment!
  3. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
  4. The Futureheads - The Futureheads
  5. Idlewild - 100 Broken Windows
  6. Buffalo Tom - Let Me Come Over
  7. Archers Of Loaf - Icky Mettle
  8. This Heat - Deceit
  9. My Bl00dy Valentine - Loveless
  10. Midnight Oil - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
5 Likes

Thanks to this thread, I’ve just sat and watched High Fidelity for the first time in years.

Still a great movie

7 Likes

I was once tempted to sort my CDs out in autobiographical order, but damn that’s a task.

3 Likes

Yep…because then you would be at the mercy of your memory and whatever obscure reason you used when you did the sorting