#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

He’s going to be a mofoo-ing beast and rip Rance’s farking head off soon.

1 Like

Plays angry

like.

1 Like

Yes unfortunately used top 10 draft pick

Bring him in this week

I’m with @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS
The guy is a walking highlights reel. But despite his many highlight moments, he just doesn’t do the bread and butter stuff regularly enough. I would like to see him learn to play good solid 20 possession games where he uses it well and doesn’t make big clangers, and do it on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Has he been playing on the first or 2nd big forward? If he has, 20 possession games are not the norm.

As I’ve said before I reckon he’s a young star in the making who’s trying too hard to impress.
I agree he needs to develop more bread and butter consistency, but I think the best / fastest way for him to get there is having the knowledge that he has a spot in the Firsts, and develop from there.

Re his future position I was reading an article about Roughie with quotes from Scum Mitchell in the Age that almost perfectly described Francis - extremely poor GPS, just a question of working out how to harness his power and skill, ability to impact the game with knock ons and spills etc etc.

On Saturday, he played a mix of forward and back. His ability either end really fluctuated quarter to quarter. When he was playing back, I think he was playing loose, but not sure.

1 Like

Box Hill started four forwards and eight defenders, with and into the wind… so it wasn’t normal matchups.

2 Likes

Same could be said about a number of exceptional players in their youth. JoeDan for example.

Precisely the setup Adelaide used Saturday night and Hawthorn uses at AFL level.

Hurley should be the third tall, he plays loose. Francis would take the second tall, Ambrose the first.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the weekends game, so not sure if the answer is there, but can he actually play on an opponent? Like, can he defend one on one? Or is he just an intercept defender?

I’ve been looking for it since he came to the club, because if he can’t…

Well, we already have a Hurley.

2 Likes

Have to bring him in for the last two games.

We are lacking an intercept player and run out of the backline.

Doesn’t deserve a game after last week. Butchered the ball a number of times, that mark was possible the good thing he did.

2 Likes

I don’t care, that mark alone should get him a game.

I can’t remember the last time an EFC player backed into pack to save a game. You have to reward that kind of killer instinct.

He backs himself in to read the ball but certainly isn’t a loose man only.

Adelaide often pushed their flankers to the wing at bounces, but didn’t put eight behind the ball as claimed.

1 Like

He kicked the tumbler into Younan from the HFF for the winning goal then a minute later took the match saving mark at full back. I’m just happy he’s running out VFL games strongly now. Confident he’ll be playing plenty of senior footy next year.

7 Likes

Carlisle Vs Carlton.

1 Like

Yeah that’s was a good one!