#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Today was the first time I’ve had a good look at him and he started to look really good in the second half. It was pretty tricky marking conditions with the wind, but he read it really well. He is also VERY solid so given he reads the ball well, he should be able match it with big forwards in packs. He wasn’t really tested on the lead so no idea if he can be burnt off.

Reckon he has about 5 cm on Ashby fwiw. Not sure how tall that makes him.
Ashby is supposedly 187.
He doesn't look to be 6cm short than a Langford (197).

Mathematician?

BRING
HIM
INNNNN

Ashby is supposedly 187.
How has he gone today?

A Few very good moments. A bit wasteful at times but some key intercept marks in the 3rd helped swing the momentum and got us back into it.

Thrown forward in the last 10 and took a ripping mark about 45 out but missed.

Not afraid to play on from a mark and has very good lateral movement for a bloke his size.

A good start, plenty to work with

How has he gone today?

A Few very good moments. A bit wasteful at times but some key intercept marks in the 3rd helped swing the momentum and got us back into it.

Thrown forward in the last 10 and took a ripping mark about 45 out but missed.

Not afraid to play on from a mark and has very good lateral movement for a block his size.

A good start, plenty to work with

Ashby is supposedly 187.

How has he gone today?

Will tear McCartin an new one in Rd 16.

If he is actually still growing (not sure if your joking or not), then he is starting to get close to KP size. He seems to put on size easily, Roughead and Walker are that height and are both established forwards. Plus he seems to have a nice kicking action...from the footage i've seen.
He was quoted as 191cm from a club source earlier this week… that source doesn’t make it true, of course.

If he is actually still growing (not sure if your joking or not), then he is starting to get close to KP size. He seems to put on size easily, Roughead and Walker are that height and are both established forwards. Plus he seems to have a nice kicking action…from the footage i’ve seen.

Standing behind the group at quarter time, compared his height with Langford (197cm) and Freezer (192cm). Was just a little taller than Freezer but definitely shorter than Langford, both my mate and myself came to agree he is probably about 193 or 194cm. Was decent amount taller than Ashby as well when they were standing together.
Grown 3cm in a week! No wonder he was a bit off balance today.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFs_l8ZGk7K/?taken-by=essendonvfl&hl=en
Mark Johnson had tree trunks for legs too, and he took a lot of explosive speckies.

Pretty sure that’s the almost hanger…

I expect to see this as someone’s avatar on Blitz very soon.

Bomb Doe could go full Gumby on that image…

Come on Doe, if you’re out there, one for old times sake.

Ashby is supposedly 187.

Standing behind the group at quarter time, compared his height with Langford (197cm) and Freezer (192cm). Was just a little taller than Freezer but definitely shorter than Langford, both my mate and myself came to agree he is probably about 193 or 194cm. Was decent amount taller than Ashby as well when they were standing together.

Well whaddya know. 194 you say.

When you can jump onto a guys shoulders and he is 190 cm tall, who gives a rats about whether you are 192 or 194 ?

I expect to see this as someone’s avatar on Blitz very soon.
I reckon he'll start back and show heaps. Then, during a game late in the season, he'll get thrown forward in the last quarter and look dangerous. By the last game, he'll kick 4 against Hawthorn and put us into the finals.

The next few years he’ll play forward, where injury and inconsistency will hold him back from ever quite making it as a forward.

Then he’ll go back again, and be an All-Australian defender.

He will also tell a taxi driver quite forthrightly that when he requests to get fast food, that he should adhere to his requests.

Ashby is supposedly 187.

Well whaddya know. 194 you say.

Ashby is supposedly 187.

He was managed with minutes today seeing he has missed so much footy. Came on about 6-8 min mark of each Qt. It was really a game to just get him use to the tempo and some crucial match fitness. So expectations had to be realistic. Saying that as the game went on he started to do some nice things. Played Half back most of the game and took about 4-5 great marks. He actually went for Mark of the Year at one stage..got up so high but just couldn't pull down the ball. He is deceptively a very high leap. Up to 3 Qtr time the pleasing part he was at 100% efficiency using the ball. Had some clangers in the last. I did notice hin blowing hard a few times so he really needs consecutive games under his belt now. Very understandable though. The last 10 mins caught my eye the most. We just needed to score so Egan put Aaron at Full Forward. As soon as he did he took a sensational one handed mark above the pack and had a shot on goal. He looked very dangerous as a forward and I can't help think this is maybe where club may seem him in the future. Was a fine start and will only start to improve from here

Nailed it. Was there too and couldn’t have put it any better